find what folders a user has rights to.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
August 26, 2005 3:49:03 PM

I am using active directory in a windows 2000 domain. I am looking for a way
to search my file server to find what shared folders and files a particular
user has access to. Does anyone know an easier way to do this other than
physically looking at the security assigned to each folder?

Thank you in advance.
August 27, 2005 3:59:22 AM

"Christopher S. Lamarsh" <ChristopherSLamarsh@discussions.microsoft.com>
schreef in bericht
>I am using active directory in a windows 2000 domain. I am looking for a
>way
> to search my file server to find what shared folders and files a
> particular
> user has access to. Does anyone know an easier way to do this other than
> physically looking at the security assigned to each folder?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Take a look at Permission Analyzer. It creates a treeview of access rights
for each user or user group.
http://www.PermissionAnalyzer.com
!