Splif

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
hey guys,

having a major issue with my HDD i believe. It appears as though im having a problem with the HDD locking up my system for an unknown reason.

if anyone can spare the time to read This thread it would be greatly appreciate. im at a complete loss and dont know what else to do.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
2nd time i installed all one by one with a restart in between each to find the culprit. The only prob driver i could find was the ATI software.

Are you installing the complete driver set including the Catalyst Control Center?

If so, do the advanced installation and uncheck the CCC from the install list.

Ive had the same problem with an older x850pro I had and the solution eventually came with the Omega drivers for the ATI card.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
hey guys,

having a major issue with my HDD i believe. It appears as though im having a problem with the HDD locking up my system for an unknown reason.

if anyone can spare the time to read This thread it would be greatly appreciate. im at a complete loss and dont know what else to do.

First why did you start another thread? When you did that you lost all of the earlier posters that were watching the other thread.

From what I saw on the other thread your problems started when you loaded your wireless card. Is that the case? If so, try deleting the wireless driver in the device manager.

Also, certain programs run as services so they can't be stopped in msconfig. click start run and type services.msc in the entry field. be careful if you turn off the wrong service you will have to install XP again. Look for any services that have the names of programs that you have loaded. Turn them off and disable them one at a time. Write down what they are so you don't forget. run the machine between each change to see if the problem goes away. Understand there may not be any in there, they are usually things like virus protection and possibly some video etc. Again be careful.

Edit: Don't forget to remove your card when you delete the drivers.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Yeah whats up with that?

Your sig says you have an Nvidia 7600gt. Why would you be installing ATI drivers?

Go to Nvidia.com for your drivers.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Yeah whats up with that?

Your sig says you have an Nvidia 7600gt. Why would you be installing ATI drivers?

Go to Nvidia.com for your drivers.

In the last thread he said that he bought a new Video card and HDD. So now he has a Nvidia with the same problem.

Splif

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
i apologize for forums.

ok im uninstalling the driver through device manager. ill post what i can find.

ps.s im still here. got the kiddo running around hard t0 stay close to the computer