preparing to buy new computer

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Hello. I'm a blind computer enthusiast, and am writing in to this forum once again in order to get some advice. I'm preparing to buy a

new computer, one that I hope will last me for at least a few years. The last computer I got was
in 2002, and it is still more or less functional, but I'm wanting to get
something that is not only more up-to-date, but also more responsive. I do
a lot of work with audio files, mostly mp3 and midi. I also do a lot of web
browsing, word processing, and I play online text-based games.
I've been trying to do my homework with regards to parts to include in my
new computer; picked out my cpu after getting advice from people here. I've decided that even though it will probably be more expensive, I'd rather "hand pick" every aspect of my new system to insure
that I know exactly what I'm getting and also to insure maximum compatibility with my screen reading software.
With all that being said, I was hoping that I could get advice from this
forum with regards to my final parts checklist.
I'm planning to purchase all my parts from newegg.com, and then get the
system assembled by a "expert" in my local area.
Basicly, what I'm hoping to attain from this forum is guidance in making
sure that I haven't picked out incompatible parts, or that I haven't
overlooked something. My primary questions at this point are:
Will all the parts I want to use fit in the case I've chosen?
Is the power supply I picked powerful enough to run everything reliably?
Do I have too many fans, or not enough?
These questions are ones that spring to mind, but I'd really appreciate any
and all feedback people might be able to provide.
This new system is going to be a huge investment for me, so I want to make
sure I'm only spending what is strictly necessary to build the best PC I
can. For the most part, i have my heart set on the majority of these components; am trying for maximum responsiveness and a

system that will last at least as long as my current build if not longer. I'm prepared to spend the $3500 that my newegg wishlist

states this dream system of mine will cost, but if there are any changes that people recommend that would significantly

improve the system's performance, I'd probably be able to spend a little bit of extra money if absolutely necessary. I'm not

planning to upgrade to Windows Vista right away, primarily because my screen reading software doesn't support vista yet.

However, I'd like this new computer to be completely ready for vista when I feel the time is right to make the change in

operating systems.
So, with all that explanation out of the way, here is my list of parts. If possible, I would really appreciate it if people could send

me their feedback via e-mail. Forum sites are not particularly fun to navigate using a screen reader.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide, and I hope that everyone is having a really great day!
Missy

APEVIA X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BL Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply - Retail
Model Number: ATXB4KLW-BL

APEVIA CF4SL-UBL-LED 80mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail
Model Number: CF4SL-UBL-LED

APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail
Model Number: CF12SL-UBL

Intel BOXD975XBX2KR LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Model Number: BOXD975XBX2KR

BIOSTAR V7903GS22 GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
Model Number: V7903GS22

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE PCI Interface 1042 Tuner Card - Retail
Model Number: 1042

ZALMAN ZM600-HP ATX12V 600W Power Supply - Retail
Model Number: ZM - 600HP

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557X6800 - Retail
Model Number: BX80557X6800

Silverstone FP34-B USB 2.0 Card Reader - Retail
Model Number: FP34-B

Kingston ValueRAM 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

KVR800D2N5K2/2G - OEM
Model Number: KVR800D2N5K2/2G

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM
Model Number: MPF920 Black

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Model Number: ST3750640AS

HP L1706 Silver-Black 17" 8 to 12 ms LCD Monitor - Retail
Model Number: PX849A8#ABA

SONY Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1615/B2s - OEM
Model Number: DDU1615/B2s  

SONY Black IDE CD-ROM Drive Model CDU5225 - OEM
Model Number: CDU5225 BLK

HP 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With LightScribe, 12X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model DVD940I - Retail
Model Number: DVD940I

Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series - Retail
Model Number: 70SB046A00000

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2b w/Upgrade Coupon for Vista - OEM
Model Number: M93-00439

Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP2 1pk w/Tech Guarantee for Office 2007 - OEM
Model Number: 269-13253

Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound - OEM
Model Number: Ceramique

VANTEC ICEBERG DDR-A1A Aluminum Heatsinks only - Retail
Model Number: ICEBERG DDR-A1A

Thermaltake CL-C0034 Copper Fan&Heatsinks - Retail
Model Number: CL-C0034

ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail
Model Number: CNPS9500 AT

ZALMAN VF700LED - CU 2 Ball LED VGA Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail
Model Number: VF700LED - CU

ZALMAN ZM-NB47J Aluminum Heatsinks only - Retail
Model Number: ZM-NB47J

VANTEC HDC-701A-BL Aluminum Aluminum Hard Driver Cooler - Retail
Model Number: HDC-701A-BL

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
One question. Why you feel the need for 3 optical drives?
Cpu stands out as top of the heap parts, and will give you years of service, just a little out of line with the more common build parts on your list.
You also added a lot of cooling, is your home in a warm area?
I did not break down where all the pieces go but it is more than the usual build.

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Hi! I can't say for sure why I picked out 3 optical drives, but I guess that my logic is that I plan to use the cd-rom drive for running software and/or to store a game I have that runs on CD. The dvd rw drive is for burning CDS and/or dvds, and I thought it might be nice to get a model that supported light-scribe. Finally, I figured that the dvd-rom drive would be best if I wanted to watch a movie on the computer. If they'll all fit in the case, I'd like to use them all, but if not, I could probably get rid of one of them.
As for the cooling, I picked out cooling components because I read that the stock cooling that comes with most parts isn't worth having. I don't want to run the risk of anything overheating if I can at all avoid it, but again, if I've got too much stuff picked out to the point where it isn't going to work efficiently, I'd appreciate tips on what to get rid of.
Regarding the statement about a great cpu going into an otherwise average build, I'm not sure I understand. From what I could tell, I was picking the parts with the best reviews that I could reasonably afford. Granted, the case is a bit iffy, but I really want a blue case as I do have color perception, and blue is my absolute favorite color. I figure if I'm going to be spending a lot of time sitting by this computer, it would be nice to look over and see blue. However, if anyone has recommendations for a case that will be better for this whole system but is still blue, I'm open to suggestions.
As for the low-end monitor, I don't need a good one if I can't read it anyway; same with the video card. I learned that nvidia cards work well with my screen reader, so got one that had good reviews and left it at that.
Anyway, I really do appreciate your input, and hope that these explanations make sense.
Missy

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
There are two items I would change.

The Seagate HDD that you selected come in the AS and the ES versions.

The ES version is designed for 24x7 operation is is likely to be more reliable than the AS version.

The ES version is only $5 more and would seem like a good move for someone who wants reliability.

The second change to consider is buying the 8800GST video card for $300. This card fully supports DirectX 10 under Vista. I do not know if this would ever matter to you in your case, but I simply raise the matter.

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Thank you very much for those suggestions. I thought about getting the least expensive dx10 card available, just to be prepared for future vista use, so I think I will make that change, especially since it appears that the light-scribe drive I had picked out is no longer available so I have a bit more flexability in my planned budget; just picked out a sony 18X dvdr drive instad since none of the other light-scribe drives sounded all that promising based on reviews. Same for the hard drive; I'll get the model you suggested, as I do plan to keep the system on more or less 24-7.
Thanks again for the advice. it is sincerely appreciated.

akhilles

Splendid
The case you chose has only 2 80mm fans & a 420w psu. You want quality. Get a separate brand name psu. Here are my case suggestions:

APEVIA X-DISCOVERY-BL Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $64.99
Highlights are front USB, IEEE 1394 firewire, 80mm Blue UV LED Side Fan, 120mm Blue UV rear fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811144176

NZXT Apollo BLUE NP Blue SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $74.99
Highlights are front-right USB, Audio, IEEE 1394, 120mm Rear Fan, 120mm Blue LED side Fan
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811146026

The Nzxt will cool better than the Apevia & make installing hard drives a snap by side mounting them. Tool-less design. Just screw the plastic mounting clips on both sides of a drive & slide it in.

Both cases have power buttons on the bottom front bezels. The Nzxt has a magnetic closing door that opens to the right. So the case should be placed on your right hand side. The APEVIA looks like the one you originally chose.

Oh and the bundled fans are fine. If you want quieter fans, get any that has less than 20 dba (noise level). Examples are:

COOLER MASTER SAF-S84-E1 80mm Case Fan 13 dBA $4.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999071

COOLER MASTER SAF-S12-E1 120mm Case Fan 13 dBA $7.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999072

When chooing a power supply, pay attention to the power requirements for the video card. Particularly the amperage or amps. This one is enough for even 8800GTX.

SeaSonic S12-500 ATX12V 500W 33A Power Supply $119.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817151024

More good psu brands:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

The Intel motherboard (mobo for short) is called Bad Axe 2, one of the top of the line. There are 2 PCI & 3 PCI-E expansion slots. The first 2 PCI-E are for either single or dual video cards. The 3rd PCI-E for now is used for a physics card for more realistic 3d gaming. Since you're playing text games, you might want one more PCI slot instead. Here are my mobo suggestions:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard $214.99
Highlights are 2 PCI-E x16 slots, 2 PCI-E x1 slots, 3 PCI slots, 2 IDE/PATA connectors, 6 SATA II connectors, 1 external SATA II connectors, 4 onboard USB 2.0 connectors, 1 onboard IEEE 1394a firewire connector & onboard wireless-G 54 Mbps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025

ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard $192.99
Highlights are 2 PCI-E x16 slots, 1 PCI-E x1 slot, 3 PCI slots, 1 IDE/PATA connectors, 7 SATA II connectors, 1 external SATA II connectors, 4 onboard USB 2.0 connectors, 1 onboard IEEE 1394a firewire connector & onboard wireless-G 54 Mbps.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131028

The P5W DH supports the 3 optical drives you asked for. Even 4 IDE/PATA drives are fine. Make sure you get SATA hard disks. Both mobos support quad-core cpus. If you even upgrade to QX, you just buy a new cpu.

Ok since you're getting a 8800GTS, you don't need an aftermarket vga cooler. The stock one is more than adequate.

You want 2 memory heatsinks. The package contains 1 for 1 stick of memory.

There's no need for chipset heatsinks because ASUS uses copper heatsinks for their deluxe motherboards. Plus, it'd be very hard to remove the stock heatsinks. If you're worried about chipset temperatures, get the Nzxt case with 2 120mm case fans.

As for cpu heatsinks & fans, the Zalman 9500 HSF may be loud to you. This Scythe Ninja is quiet & cools very well. 120mm fan.

Scythe SCNJ-1100P 120mm CPU Cooling Fan $39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185038

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Looks like a fast system. But I must also ask why three optical drives. The DVD-RW will play CDs and DVDs just as well as the other two. The only reason for more than one optical drive would be the convenience of being able to have three disks in your computer so you don't have to switch them as often. It really doesn't seem worth it.

Also, why use ValueRAM with the fastest CPU on the market? It'd work fine, though, but it seems like if you're going with the fastest CPU there is, you may as well support it with some decent RAM.

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Hi! I've made a couple of changes to my wish list based on your suggestions, but will need to do more research when I get home from work. The hd and video card changes made sense, but I'm still not sure on the mb and case changes. I was concerned that the reviews for the mb weren't quite as favorable as the intel board reviews. Also, it sounds like there aren't as many usb ports and that one istaken up by some sort of remote that I'd almost certainly never use. I don't have time to read everything in depth right now, though; will do so after work.
My only concern with the change in cases is that I'm not sure how well it will fit on my desk; on the right side of the desk, there's a cabinet that would make it tricky to put the case on the right where it would need to be; am still going to read up on it, though. As for the cpu cooler, noise isn't particularly a factor, so I'm thinking I might stick with the Zalman; got a 600w zalman su also to replace the stock one in the original case I had picked, but assume it would work in the other case too if I can find a way to fit that case in my desktop space. Anyway, I really need to go for now; almost time to go and catch the bus for work. I really appreciate all the suggestions, and will definitely take everything that you all have told me into consideration before making my final purchase.
Missy

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Hi again. I picked that particular ram because from everything I could figure out, it was the only ram that would work with the intel motherboard. I guess that I can get different ram if I change to another mb, but am still a bit concerned about that; need to try to do a bit more research. I was hoping to make my puarchase within the next week or so, but maybe it's going to have to wait a bit longer so that I can make sure everything is as good as it can be for the price I can afford. Also, would appreciate advice regarding amount of memory. I was planning to go ahead and get 4 MB so that I could have as much memory as possible, but if there's no real point to the extra 2 GB, as in if xp media center won't even recognize it, I'd appreciate knowing that; obviously, it would save money, but if 4GB would dramaticly improve system performance, then I'd rather stick with it, if that makes sense.

Once again, I really appreciate any and all advice that you can give. Missy

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
The RAM I highlighted should work just fine for your system.
The key for RAM compatibility is voltage.
The RAM I linked will operate at 1.8v which is the defined standard.
Some other DDR2-800 ram will not post unless the MB increases the voltage.

I would be very surpised if it did not work for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also consider this PSU from Corsair instead of the one you selected.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817139002

All of the PSU on this review site are considered High End PSUs so a low rating does not mean it is bad, but rather on the lower end of the very good PSUs.

The PSU you selected from what I have seen is based upon the OCZ Gaming extreme which is rated as a Tier 3 PSU.

The Corsair I selected is rated as a Tier 2 PSU and is manufactured by Seasonic which is considered one of the top PSU makers.

The Corsair is also modular and quiet like the PSU you selected, but it is also rated 20w higher and will actually be $20 less than the one you selected after rebate. So in essence you get more wattage, a PSU with higher quality components, and save $20.

Here is a nice review site for PSUs.
Not only are the PSUs listed in Tiers, they also have brief descriptions.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103

(Note: Most of the Tier1 PSUs are based on "Server Grade PSUs" and very load. If you have heard server PSUs, you know you would not want to sit next to one very long. For this reason, most of the Tier2 PSUs are actually the best ones for most home systems.)

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Get 2GB now.
If you find out you need 4gb, you can get it later.
Memory is the thing you can skimp on because adding memory later does not involve in the loss of a previous investment which would occur if you had to take out a slower CPU or GPU to upgrade.

Only a very small number of people do anything than needs over 2gb of memory at this point in time.

Personally, I have 4gb of memory in my system and I need all of it.
This is because my system does a lot of virtualization so my XP Pro workstation will actually be running Windows 2003 Server, Suse Linux Exterprise Server, and additional copies of XP Pro all at the same time.

If I was not doing virtualization, I would have no need for the extra memory.

akhilles

Splendid
Ok, I'll make it simple:;

You want 3 IDE/PATA optical drives
The Intel Bad Axe 2 supports up to 2 IDE/PATA drives
13-121-059-04.JPG

With this mobo, you either buy a PCI IDE/PATA card for the 3rd optical drive & give up either your chosen TV/sound card. Or buy an external USB enclosure.

Most every C2D mobo supports up to 2 IDE/PATA drives. P5WDH is the exception.

How many USB devices would you need? If that's not enough, you can always get a USB hub for like 10 dollars.

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
With a $3500 budget, you could easily avoid having so much crammed components and try to simplify the optional components to make the main components more powerful.

As some have said: 8800GTS video-card is a good choice, I'll go even further to recommend you get EVGA brand 8800GTS. The reason for this is because EVGA brand allows for a Step-Up program that lets you trade in your video-card for 100% of the price you paid to step into a new video-card. This would allow you to have Direct X10 support and later down the line upgrade to a less power hungry and maybe cooler running newer version of the card.

I also recommend dropping the CD-Rom drive and the DVD-rom drive and just getting a single DVD-RW with Lightscribe technology. Most times now, it's just as reliable to copy a DVD from a single drive, and a DVD-RW can read and play DVD's and CD-Rom's just as fast as any other multiple drive solution.

This will allow you to stick with the Intel Bad Axe 2 motherboard which is one of the best motherboards out there.

I'll also recommend you avoid case brands like Apevia and maybe go with something that has a little more space to support the large components.

All in all, these are my recommendations:

EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
Single DVD-RW Lightscribe drive
Intel Bad Axe 2
Cooler Master Stacker 832
Corsair HX620 Power Supply

For the ram, I recommend:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820150054

It's 2GB, DDR800 but most of all, the memory chips on those ram modules are made from Micron D9 chips which are the most sought after DDR2 memory chips on the market. There's also a $20 [/b]coupon floating around on the internet. I can't give you the coupon straight up, because Newegg gets mad and moderators will delete my message. But I will tell you it's very "bold", the way people hint at what the coupon is.

Every Mouse Can eat 220 BUFFaLO, so I've heard.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
It's 2GB, DDR800 but most of all, the memory chips on those ram modules are made from Micron D9 chips which are the most sought after DDR2 memory chips on the market. There's also a $20 [/b]coupon floating around on the internet. I can't give you the coupon straight up, because Newegg gets mad and moderators will delete my message. But I will tell you it's very "bold", the way people hint at what the coupon is.

Every Mouse Can eat 220 BUFFaLO, so I've heard.

If you missed the OPs post he is blind at least partially and has a program that reads to him. Not sure if it indicates bold from Nonbold font.

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
Missy, your email isn't in your profile.

I would like to send you the coupon to get $20 off the Buffalo Firestix ram, so please post your email in the forum so anyone that wants to help you with email can.

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Hello again, all. I just got home from work, so am going to take some time and research some of your suggestions a bit further. I am pretty sure that I will switch to the asus mb, if only because it will enable me to upgrade to a quad core processor if I ever feel the need to do so. Also, it will support the optical drives I want to use; still can't seem to convince myself that having only one optical drive would be a good thing. So, now I just have to find a blue case worth having and possibly chang my choice for ram. If it's OK, I'll repost my parts list once I've made all the changes I think are necessary, and then get feedback from there to make sure I'm on the right track. Thank you all very much for your help. It is extremely appreciated.
Incidentally, my e-mail address is melissah@ fuse.net, so if you all want to correspond with me via e-mail, that would certainly make life a bit easier.
Missy

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
Hello again, all. I just got home from work, so am going to take some time and research some of your suggestions a bit further. I am pretty sure that I will switch to the asus mb, if only because it will enable me to upgrade to a quad core processor if I ever feel the need to do so. Also, it will support the optical drives I want to use; still can't seem to convince myself that having only one optical drive would be a good thing. So, now I just have to find a blue case worth having and possibly chang my choice for ram. If it's OK, I'll repost my parts list once I've made all the changes I think are necessary, and then get feedback from there to make sure I'm on the right track. Thank you all very much for your help. It is extremely appreciated.
Incidentally, my e-mail address is melissah@ fuse.net, so if you all want to correspond with me via e-mail, that would certainly make life a bit easier.
Missy

No one here will have a problem with you reposting your wish list. We like to think we're doing the world a favor by saving people from picking incompatible or low quality parts. :D

This forum is pretty much the way home taught tech gurus feel like they contribute to the world. :p

Bop Hope has his fund-raisers, we have THG forums. It all works out somehow.

mitmee_pie

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Hello again, everyone. I've spent many hours since I last posted doing research and rethinking my list of parts for my dream

computer system. I made every effort to follow the advice given by all of you as much as possible, and would especially like to thank NamelessMC for all of his very practical suggestions. I'm pretty happy with this new version of my parts list, but once again am requesting your feedback, just to make sure all that all the changes I've made are good ones.
A couple of notes:
regarding memory, I really would like to use Kingston ram if at all possible; I have one of their cf flash cards in a portable book reading machine I have, and it's never given me a second's trouble. So, if the ram I picked isn't going to be compatible with the Intel motherboard, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me determin the best quality Kingston ram that will work. I don't understand all that stuff about timing, and have no plans to overclock, as my screen reading software doesn't access the bios, so I would have to rely on someone with better vision to do all the playing around, and nobody I know would even have the slightest clue how to do any of that stuff. So, what I'm looking for is maximum reliability and responsiveness.
The only other part I'm still not 100% confident in is my choice of case. As I've already stated, I'm totally blind, but do have light and color perception, and since my favorite color is blue, I would really like to have a nice blue case sitting on the desk beside me. While the concept of the side window is interesting, I could easily do without it if I can get a better quality case that will fulfill my blueness desire. A part of me still likes the dreamer case I had originally picked out, because it sounded as if it was the most blue available, but as much as I want blue, I want something that is decent quality more. So, if this case isn't all that great, I'm open to other suggestions; the appollo case mentioned on here was OK, but didn't have 2 external 3.5 bays; need one for the floppy and one for the card reader.
Well, I guess that's all I feel the need to explain, so here's my revised list. Please feel free to provide whatever comments you have regarding aditional changes I should make to this list. Also, I've made my newegg.com wishlist public now. It's called Mitmee's computer. Thank you all again for your wonderful advice, and I hope that you're having a really great day!
Missy

Thermaltake Damier V5000C Blue 1.0 mm SECC Chassis Aluminum made Front Door Modern Tower

Xaser V Damier Computer Case - Retail
Model #: V5000C

Thermaltake A1926 120mm Blue LED Case Fan - Retail
Model #: Thunderblade A1926

Intel BOXD975XBX2KR LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Model #: BOXD975XBX2KR

EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail
Model #: 320-P2-N815-AR

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE PCI Interface 1042 Tuner Card - Retail
Model #: 1042
Item #: N82E16815116620

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply - Retail

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557X6800 - Retail
Model #: BX80557X6800

Silverstone FP34-B USB 2.0 Card Reader - Retail
Model #: FP34-B
Item #: N82E16820131008

Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 900(PC2 7200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model

KHX7200D2K2/2G - Retail
Model #: KHX7200D2K2/2G

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM
Model #: MPF920 Black

Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Model #: ST3500630NS

SAMSUNG 740N-BK Black 17" 8ms LCD Monitor - Retail
Model #: 740n-Black

SONY Combo Drive Black IDE Model CRX320EE/B2S W/O SW - OEM
Model #: CRX320EE/B2S W/O SW

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black SATA Model SH-S183L -

OEM
Model #: SH-S183L

Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series - Retail
Model #: 70SB046A00000

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2b w/Upgrade Coupon for Vista - OEM
Model #: M93-00439

Microsoft Office Professional 2003 SP2 1pk w/Tech Guarantee for Office 2007 - OEM
Model #: 269-13253

Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound - OEM
Model #: Ceramique

Thermaltake CL-C0034 Copper Fan&Heatsinks - Retail
Model #: CL-C0034

ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail
Model #: CNPS9500 AT

ZALMAN ZM-NB47J Aluminum Heatsinks only - Retail
Model #: ZM-NB47J

VANTEC HDC-701A-BL Aluminum Aluminum Hard Driver Cooler - Retail
Model #: HDC-701A-BL

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
Good parts Missy! The ram is 100% compatible and if anything the motherboard would love it.

anyway, keep in touch and let me know how the build turns out if that's the finalized list