WMS4.cab is missing

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 4, 2005 10:46:01 AM

Hi,

I am trying to install the windows 2000 service pack 4 for my current
windows 2000 sp 2. And i have encountered the wms4.cab file is missing and
thus i am unable to install. What could have gone wrong/

please advise.

thanks.

regards,
ben

More about : wms4 cab missing

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 4, 2005 6:27:24 PM

Ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the windows 2000 service pack 4 for my current
> windows 2000 sp 2. And i have encountered the wms4.cab file is missing and
> thus i am unable to install. What could have gone wrong/
>
> please advise.
>
> thanks.
>
> regards,
> ben

Are you using W2KSP4_EN.exe? This is the complete SP4, approx. 132MB in
size, and includes wms4.cab. If you downloaded the web-install package,
it won't work, as it requires a live connection to MS's website, and
AFAIK, MS no longer provides web-installs for W2K service packs, only
critical updates and patches (assuming you have SP4 installed.) Anyhow,
when I did a clean re-install on this machine last week (third one,
BTW), I used W2KS_SP4.exe, worked like charm, then went to MS's
update/patch site, it installed Automatic Updater, and then I installed
the latest patches and updates.

Google on the SP 4 package, and download it.

Good luck.
!