WMS4.cab is missing

Hi,

I am trying to install the windows 2000 service pack 4 for my current
windows 2000 sp 2. And i have encountered the wms4.cab file is missing and
thus i am unable to install. What could have gone wrong/

please advise.

thanks.

regards,
ben
1 answer Last reply
More about wms4 missing

    Ben wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to install the windows 2000 service pack 4 for my current
    > windows 2000 sp 2. And i have encountered the wms4.cab file is missing and
    > thus i am unable to install. What could have gone wrong/
    >
    > please advise.
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > regards,
    > ben

    Are you using W2KSP4_EN.exe? This is the complete SP4, approx. 132MB in
    size, and includes wms4.cab. If you downloaded the web-install package,
    it won't work, as it requires a live connection to MS's website, and
    AFAIK, MS no longer provides web-installs for W2K service packs, only
    critical updates and patches (assuming you have SP4 installed.) Anyhow,
    when I did a clean re-install on this machine last week (third one,
    BTW), I used W2KS_SP4.exe, worked like charm, then went to MS's
    update/patch site, it installed Automatic Updater, and then I installed
    the latest patches and updates.

    Google on the SP 4 package, and download it.

    Good luck.

Security Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows