Maximum number Groups within a group

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of groups you can add to a
sinlge group in Windows 2000 server?

I believe you read that incorrectly. 120 is the default limitation of the number
of groups a user can have in their token according to that doc.

As to the original question...

In Windows 2000 you should not exceed 5000 members in a group. It can have
impact on replication. In Windows Server 2003 there is no defined limit.

www.joeware.net