Ideal Party

Hi...I've just be the pokemon league and now I need an ideal party to beat
most trainers in the battle tower and on link cable. If someone could tell
me this party and their moves that would be great.

Thanks, Glenn.
6 answers Last reply
More about ideal party

    I forgot to add in that it's on pokemon sapphire

    "Glenn T" <glenntno1@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:cca5j0$uql$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
    > I forgot to add in that it's on pokemon sapphire
    >

    > "Glenn T" <glenntno1@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
    > > Hi...I've just be the pokemon league and now I need an ideal party to beat
    > > most trainers in the battle tower and on link cable. If someone could tell
    > > me this party and their moves that would be great.

    Hmm , I doubt there's an ideal party but I got 42 wins using this setup:

    Blaziken (FIR/FTG)
    (Blaze, Leftovers)
    Bulk Up
    Mirror Move
    Double Kick
    Blaze Kick

    Gardevoir (PSY)
    (Trace, Focus Band)
    Flash
    Hypnosis
    Thunderbolt
    Psyhic

    Ludicolo (WTR/GRS)
    (Rain Dish, Mystic Water)
    Fake Out
    Absorb
    Surf
    Ice Beam

    And actually the only reason I lost was Blaze Kick missing twice in a row.
    Off the top of my head, this Battle Tower Team can be weak to Flying-type
    attacks as two of the three have a weakness to them

    If you want to improve on this, then there are ways. Improving Absorb to either
    the Giga Drain TM or the bred Razor Leaf would be a good start. Blaze and
    Double Kicks could be improved on no doubt. Fake Out is something else that
    should be changed

    For Link able battles, ask someone else sine I don't really do them. Best guess is to
    figure out what type of strategy your facing and develop a counter for it.

    > > Thanks, Glenn.

    No Problem.

    -------
    Clayton

    Random Tagline:
    Oh my God, They killed Kenny!

    > I forgot to add in that it's on pokemon sapphire

    >>Hi...I've just be the pokemon league and now I need an ideal party to beat
    >>most trainers in the battle tower and on link cable. If someone could tell
    >>me this party and their moves that would be great.

    Although I wouldn't reccomend this team, I did well in most of the
    battles for level 50 tower. Misdreavus manages to stall for longer than
    you would think, as it is quick, and CR has 100% accuracy.

    Misdreavus @ Leftovers
    Astonish
    Confuse Ray
    Double Team
    Toxic

    Latias @ Some berry
    Dragonbreath
    Recover
    Psychic
    Mist Ball

    Latios @ Some berry

    Dragonbreath
    Recover
    Psychic
    Luster Purge

    Hi...How can you enter latias and latios in the battle tower? I thought you
    couldn't enter legendary's.

    Glenn

    In article <ccb5jt$mmk$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>,
    Glenn T <glenntno1@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
    >Hi...How can you enter latias and latios in the battle tower? I thought you
    >couldn't enter legendary's.

    Depends on which legendaries. Of the ones I've gotten my hands on in
    Ruby/Sapphire, you can enter Lati?s and the Regis. You can't enter
    Kyogre, Groudon, Rayqyaza, or Jirachi.

    If you've managed to get an Eon Ticket, you can get a Lati?s with
    Soul Dew, and that's very helpful. A Salamence is a good choice, and
    I've done some useful things with a Breloom with Spore, Leech Seed,
    Giga Drain, and whatever good fighting move it learned (Sky Uppercut?).
    That one took some breeding.

    I'm now trying with a Sceptile, a Heracross (Brick Break, Earthquake,
    Megahorn, and Take Down - and that also required breeding to get at
    level 50), and a Houndoom I got from Coliseum. We'll see how far
    that gets. (I like Houndoom.)

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

    On 6 Jul 2004, David Thornley wrote:
    > I'm now trying with a Sceptile, a Heracross (Brick Break, Earthquake,
    > Megahorn, and Take Down - and that also required breeding to get at
    > level 50), and a Houndoom I got from Coliseum. We'll see how far
    > that gets. (I like Houndoom.)

    Mmmm... Houndoom.... *drool* Excellent overall stats (for a
    non-legendary; HPs are decent, but could do with a bit more Defence)
    and a great moveset (naturally learns the main big damage moves for both its
    types, which doesn't seem all that common; assuming it hasn't been
    downgraded between Crystal & Colliseum, anyways), a good selection of TMs to
    choose from, plus its immunity to Psychic, makes for one of the best 'mons
    ever in the game. Definitely the best Dark, at least, and up there in the
    top rank of Fire.

Games Nintendo Video Games