question from upgrade exam.

YOu have a group of people in a security goup called support. Support has
serveral members that will need to perform various functions on members
severs. The tasks are, change ip configurations, manange printers, backup
and restore all files, manage all shares. What group on each server do you
add the support group to? Is it the local admins, or power users group?

Question 2. If you need to restore the System state, can you be a member of
just the backup operators group or do you have to be a member of the local
admins.

Can someone tell me what the answers to these questions are. I took the
updgrade exam and I am sure I failed both of these questions. I really don't
know these answers.

Brandon Baker
A+, Net+, MCSA, MCSE

In Windows 2000 you must be an administrator to configure tcp/ip though for
Windows 2003 the network configuration operators group can do such but for
all what you describe and if the choice is only one group it would have to
be the local administrators group.

The backup operators group has the user right to backup and restore files
and therefore should be able to restore the System State. This is something
easy enough for you to test out yourself if you were unsure of the answer.
I would suggest that you read the Windows Security Resource Kit second
edition as part of your preparation for the exam. See the link below for
info on it. --- Steve

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0735621748