Threat Name - DNS Hierarchy of Target DNS Server Traced

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

This is the threat what we see which is actually a sev 2 threat. The
description for this threat is as follows:

This probe traces the hierarchy of the target DNS server. It first makes a
non-recursive query to one of the root DNS servers.(*.root-servers.net) blah
blah....

So, what should I do to fix this problem? There is no solution that I was
able to find.

thanks
Neil

What threat does this pose to your network?? Is your network firewalled
from untrusted networks and do you follow other security best practices such
as keeping your computers current with critical security updates? Your
internal dns servers used for Active Directory should not be used by users
from the internet. --- Steve