How to change color or tint of all pixels except white in ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pictureit,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello
How to change color or tint of all pixels except white in a bitmap?

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
> Hello
> How to change color or tint of all pixels except white in a bitmap?

You can't really. White is created from the light of all three colors.

That said, if you have an advanced photo editor, you can select all of
the areas except the white, and change the tint of only the selected
non-white areas. An easier way may be to change the tint of the entire
bitmap, and then play around with the contrast and brightness settings,
but the results of that would probably be marginal, at best.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pictureit,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Change to Monochrome.

"Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> Hello
> How to change color or tint of all pixels except white in a bitmap?

Perhaps you could...

Make a copy
Convert copy to Black and white
Use copy as a mask when changing the colour on the original.

Needs a fancy painting program.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pictureit,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

What could be the "advanced photo editor"?

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
> What could be the "advanced photo editor"?

If money is no object, Photoshop. If money is an object that you'd like
to keep as much of it as you can, I've gotten decent results with Ulead
PhotoImpact.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pictureit,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks Kurt!