KTLA in Los Angeles - OTA - Samsung receiver

When I first got my HD Samsung receiver, I noticed the OTA channel for KTLA
in Los Angeles was somewhere between 60-80 and not in the traditional area
(2-1, 4-1, 7-1) although my KCOP 13 is located on 66-1. I remember watching
Smallville, or the sort, in widescreen.

My problem is that I can't seem to find the digitial signal for KTLA 5 in
Los Angeles no longer on my menu guide or anywhere I've looked. I've just
been using the Direct Tv channel 5. I want to view some new shows this
coming season in widescreen and I can't seem to find the OTA signal for that
channel. Am I going crazy. I know that KTLA in Los Angeles has a digitial
signal tower, but I can't find it. Can someone enlighten me as to why this
particular receiver does not pick it up? My OTA antenna picks up all the
other channels.

Thank you.
6 answers Last reply
More about ktla angeles samsung receiver

    In article <NvUSc.13858$EQ5.6915@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, deboism1
    @verizon.net says...
    > When I first got my HD Samsung receiver, I noticed the OTA channel for KTLA
    > in Los Angeles was somewhere between 60-80 and not in the traditional area
    > (2-1, 4-1, 7-1) although my KCOP 13 is located on 66-1. I remember watching
    > Smallville, or the sort, in widescreen.

    I get KTLA digital just fine as 5-1, and watched Smallville all last
    season in HD. I'm in 90024.

    All WB stations used to also transmit an ID of 75-1, in addition to
    their usual ID. The idea was that one could tune to 75-1 anywhere in
    the country and get the local WB station. 75-1 seems to have stopped
    showing up on my tuner, so maybe they're not doing it any more; never
    seemed like a particularly good idea.

    /Chris

    "ROBERT DEBOISBLANC" <deboism1@verizon.net> wrote in

    > When I first got my HD Samsung receiver, I noticed the OTA channel for
    > KTLA in Los Angeles was somewhere between 60-80 and not in the
    > traditional area (2-1, 4-1, 7-1) although my KCOP 13 is located on
    > 66-1. I remember watching Smallville, or the sort, in widescreen.
    >
    > My problem is that I can't seem to find the digitial signal for KTLA 5
    > in Los Angeles no longer on my menu guide or anywhere I've looked.
    > I've just been using the Direct Tv channel 5. I want to view some new
    > shows this coming season in widescreen and I can't seem to find the
    > OTA signal for that channel. Am I going crazy. I know that KTLA in Los
    > Angeles has a digitial signal tower, but I can't find it. Can someone
    > enlighten me as to why this particular receiver does not pick it up?
    > My OTA antenna picks up all the other channels.
    >
    > Thank you.

    They have digital channel 5. I see Jerry Springer on it. You have to go
    back ans download all of the digital channels again and it will be there

    Regardless of what station ID KTLA may use at this time, they
    broadcast over UHF channel 31. If you direct enter 31 on a Samsung it
    should go to the KTLA feed. Or, as stated above, do a scan of all
    available channels.

    "ROBERT DEBOISBLANC" <deboism1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<NvUSc.13858$EQ5.6915@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...
    > When I first got my HD Samsung receiver, I noticed the OTA channel for KTLA
    > in Los Angeles was somewhere between 60-80 and not in the traditional area
    > (2-1, 4-1, 7-1) although my KCOP 13 is located on 66-1. I remember watching
    > Smallville, or the sort, in widescreen.
    >
    > My problem is that I can't seem to find the digitial signal for KTLA 5 in
    > Los Angeles no longer on my menu guide or anywhere I've looked. I've just
    > been using the Direct Tv channel 5. I want to view some new shows this
    > coming season in widescreen and I can't seem to find the OTA signal for that
    > channel. Am I going crazy. I know that KTLA in Los Angeles has a digitial
    > signal tower, but I can't find it. Can someone enlighten me as to why this
    > particular receiver does not pick it up? My OTA antenna picks up all the
    > other channels.
    >
    > Thank you.

    KTLA used to come in on my Mits on 5.1, however I recently rescaned
    the channels and I also lost 5.1 as it seems that like KCOP 13, KTLA
    is no longer remaping their digital signal to channel 5. They
    transmit OTA on channel 31.2 (English) and 31.3 (Spanish). You should
    be able to get them by tuning the actual transmitted channel. By the
    way, if you live far enough east you will get KVMD on 31.1

    Chas

    I get KTLA on 5.1 and a second KTLA feed (sometimes in a different language)
    at 5.2 with my LG tuner.

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Chris Thomas wrote:
    > In article <NvUSc.13858$EQ5.6915@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, deboism1
    > @verizon.net says...
    > > When I first got my HD Samsung receiver, I noticed the OTA channel for KTLA
    > > in Los Angeles was somewhere between 60-80 and not in the traditional area
    > > (2-1, 4-1, 7-1) although my KCOP 13 is located on 66-1. I remember watching
    > > Smallville, or the sort, in widescreen.
    >
    > I get KTLA digital just fine as 5-1, and watched Smallville all last
    > season in HD. I'm in 90024.
    >
    > All WB stations used to also transmit an ID of 75-1, in addition to
    > their usual ID. The idea was that one could tune to 75-1 anywhere in
    > the country and get the local WB station. 75-1 seems to have stopped
    > showing up on my tuner, so maybe they're not doing it any more; never
    > seemed like a particularly good idea.

    The 75-1 that you're [still] seeing is KSWB from San Diego (also WB). They
    ALSO encode as 5-1 and 5-2 in that market. That's not a problem for one of my
    sets as it permits multiple stations to use the same ID (and will cycle through
    them in the order of their actual OTA frequency allocations starting with the
    lower/lowest), but it is apparently a problem for others.

    I'm next door in 90049 and I passed by 75-1 (San Diego) earlier tonight while
    flipping channels.

HDTV TV Samsung Home Theatre