Weird and Wonderful PCs and PC Mods, Your Stories

bgerber

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
We asked you to tell us about your favorite cool, strange or unusual PC or PC mod and, man, did you! The story's a click away.

ibticktock

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
This was a very interesting piece and I hope you continue it as an ongoing series. The UAL mod should be shown to the airline as it comes across as fantastic PR with both modern technology coupled with human interest. The "oldies" stories were all fun to read and I am sure there are many more out there. The final bit on the attractive custom cabinent was a good way to end things with another different looking mod. I wasn't impressed at first until I saw the details of the construction and realized that this was definitely not some cheaply veneered piece, like my computer desk, from a Big Box store. Again, a nice piece overall that shows the wealth of creativity and experience of the readers of this site.

kimokalihi

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I don't know if this fits in any of the categories but have a look anyways.

PC Inside Desk

I'm almost finished. I need to mount the hard drives still. I'm thinking some sort of elastic setup to hang them from so they don't vibrate anything.

Also, I have some car audio sound deadening material and sound dampening foam called ensolite coming in the mail right now. I'll be applying it probably within the next week. I will update with more pictures soon.

AMD Athlon64 3200 754
Epox Motherboard
2GB G.Skill PC3200 DDR400
EVGA GeForce 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3
Seagate 320GB 16Mb Cache SATA
Maxtor 120GB IDE
Seagate 80GB IDE
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Hiper Power Supply 580W
HUGE 120mm Blue Orb II CPU cooler from ThermalTake