Sign in with
Your question

Out-of-Stock Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Last response: in Overclocking
February 23, 2007 10:30:50 AM

Okay I've checked many sites, used pricegrabber, froogle, yahoo shopping and I can't find this heatsink without paying out the nose for it.

Does anyone have a link to a site where I can still get it for around 30 bucks with shipping?

Or am I stuck waiting another 2 weeks before new shipments come in?
February 23, 2007 11:38:16 AM

You are probably stuck unless you chose a different cooling unit.
There should be other good ones in that price range.

I suspect the Artic Pro may be altering the model slightly and distributors may be letting stock runout before restocking with the next model.
(All Conjecture)

I new something was up a little while ago when NEWEGG doubled the price on this unit.
February 23, 2007 12:59:52 PM

$34.95 at performance-PCs Artic Cooling Pro 7

$69.99 + shipping at newegg is f'n ridiculous. It doesnt cool THAT great. I remember paying 30 just to shove it in the closet for a better cooler
Related resources
February 23, 2007 10:10:03 PM

Or just use the stock cooler while you wait for the Freezer 7 Pro.
February 23, 2007 10:28:35 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the E6400 I got was OEM at Microcomputer for $160. Couldn't pass up on the price.
February 24, 2007 1:24:25 PM

I got mine like a week ago at BestByteInc.com for like $40 including shipping plus a tube of AS5.
March 3, 2007 1:23:39 PM

Many thanks for the referral, Felopian_Turtle!

My new mobo has the "Crazy Cool" heatsink on the back, so I wanted a CPU cooler without an underside mounting bracket. The Arctic Freezer 7 Pro seemed perfect -- quiet, efficient and light, at least compared to others. That was important given that the whole rig will be supported by just the standard four push-through mounting pins.

Only problem was exactly what others have discovered: it was practically impossible to find. Just as you said, Performance-PCS.com had them in stock, at a reasonable price. I'll post again once the shipment arrives to let everyone if it turned out well, or was too good to be true.
March 5, 2007 2:15:56 PM

Just ordered mine 2 days ago from newegg.com for $18.99 each....
March 5, 2007 5:50:39 PM

uhhh lol... either your in a whole nother world or it was a 2 hour special on new egg they are certainly still selling for 70 and out of stock :p 
March 5, 2007 6:18:41 PM

Oh I think he meant the ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro for $18.99 :?:
March 5, 2007 6:42:35 PM

yes it was the Freezer 64. That item was also out for while with a huge bump in price like the Freezer 7.

I heard that the freezer 7 will be back in supply soon at normal prices... GL guys...
March 5, 2007 7:11:32 PM

yea the one i bought off ebay like A WEEK AGO.(ANGRY FACE) said they will "send my order on the 7th" which hopefully means they'll get it back in stock.

Side Note*** Idk what quality of the product is. but if you choose to buy from an ebay store that is linked to ewiz.com like i did it says they have 99 in stock. but that was an error they "forgot to fix" so just watch out for that :p 
March 5, 2007 8:00:38 PM

I will be doing a E6300 build for my dad. Decided to stick with stock cooling for him. However, I was very disappointed when I saw the price just jump while back, and some how it really doesn't matter now that it isn't in stock. :lol: 

Anyways... Has anyone tried the Thermaltake CL-P0370 92mm Enter CPU Cooler ?

I know you shouldn't trust the reviews done there, but I think that is as close as you can get for now, at least from NewEgg, though it does have some good reviews from customers. One difference I see is that the CL-P0370 has 1 more pair of heat pipes.
March 6, 2007 1:08:27 AM

Quote:
Just ordered mine 2 days ago from newegg.com for $18.99 each....

I paid $18.99 for my AC Freezer 7 Pro last summer, probably going to toss it on eBay since I haven't yet found a use for it since I have sine upgraded to water cooling.
March 10, 2007 10:56:59 PM

As promised, I'm posting on the results of my recent Freezer 7 Pro order. Purchased it from Performance-PC for $35. Shipment arrived on-time, well packed, appears new, no obvious defects.

Still waiting for (rumored) 22 April Intel CPU price drop so I can afford the E6700, so system not yet built. <grumpf!>

Bottom line: system not yet up and running, so I can't positively confirm that the HSF works, but so far, I'm delighted with this new source for parts.
!