Applying GPO

Is it possible to apply a GPO to a small group of users, ONLY when they log
onto a specific server / workstation.

I can get it to apply to all users, or the workstation / server no matter
who logs on but not specific users on specific station(s)

Regards
Jeff Richardson

When you want user configuration of Group Policy to be based on the computer
a user logs onto you need to use "loopback processing" of Group Policy in
either merge or replace mode. Normally you can filter a Group Policy by
managing the apply permissions [ in GPO properties/security] to filter it to
apply to only specific users/group. I am not sure offhand if that works in
loopback processing mode but suspect it might. In such case you would need
to filter the Group Policy that you configured for user configuration that
is linked to the OU that contains the computer accounts that you want
loopback processing applied to. The links below explain more about loopback
processing. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/abe2b1a9-975f-4b2f-b771-9e6a903e97db.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/0f4a0e1f-116c-472f-ac16-8d2a511d360d.mspx

"Jeff Richardson" <JeffRichardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in