recording SVGA output

Hi,

Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
SVGA signal?

I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.

Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
that SVGA connector?

thanks,

Ron
3 answers Last reply
More about recording svga output

    "Ron" <rgraham1@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
    > SVGA signal?
    >
    > I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
    > projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.
    >
    > Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
    > that SVGA connector?

    That's similar to asking if it's possible to record a DVI signal...there may
    be a technical solution that could work reasonably well, but I'd be
    surprised if it existed today. The best solution might be to use the best
    SVGA to component video signal converter available, and then use one of the
    JVC VHS decks that can recorded component video which might be hard to find
    now. That's the best I can suggest.

    > thanks,
    >
    > Ron

    "Ron" <rgraham1@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
    > SVGA signal?
    >
    > I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
    > projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.

    Out of curiousity what is the source device? A computer? The reason I ask is
    because with a computer it's easy to "replay" what it displayed before, as
    programs can be re-run. Unless you're playing a game which I guess could be
    different each time. Or maybe you want to capture some computer output which
    you can playback without needing the computer? If image quality isn't really
    too huge of an issue in that case, there are a variety of computer vga to
    s-video converters, some video cards have them built in, but you probably
    already know that.

    > Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
    > that SVGA connector?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Ron

    If you want to record a VGA signal, you need a scan converter. Some of them
    are available for around 100-200 bucks, some are a lot more expensive. The
    picture quality will be reduced to regular S-video or video resolution and
    can be recorded with a VCR.
    Most scan converters have a loop out, so you'd hook it up in line with the
    VGA going to the projector.

    "Son of man" <thepuppetmaster@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > "Ron" <rgraham1@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
    > > SVGA signal?
    > >
    > > I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
    > > projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.
    >
    > Out of curiousity what is the source device? A computer? The reason I ask
    is
    > because with a computer it's easy to "replay" what it displayed before, as
    > programs can be re-run. Unless you're playing a game which I guess could
    be
    > different each time. Or maybe you want to capture some computer output
    which
    > you can playback without needing the computer? If image quality isn't
    really
    > too huge of an issue in that case, there are a variety of computer vga to
    > s-video converters, some video cards have them built in, but you probably
    > already know that.
    >

    > > Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
    > > that SVGA connector?
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > >
    > > Ron

HDTV Video Projector Home Theatre