XP and Office 2003

I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load excel,
Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7 programs,
e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this is
correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous version
or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail addresses
and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated. I
some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.

Mike
16 answers Last reply
More about office 2003

    You should post Office questions to the microsoft.public.office.setup group.
    This newsgroup is about the operating system itself.

    You are correct in how to load selected Office applications.

    Whether or not you want to save the previous version is up to you. If in
    doubt, save the previous version and delete later after you have had time to
    think about it.

    Outlook and Outlook express are separate programs completely. After all, OE
    came with Windows.

    See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010943871033.aspx for
    importing your OE messages into Outlook.

    Have a nice day.

    >I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >excel,
    > Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    > programs,
    > e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    > custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this is
    > correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    > version
    > or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    > separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    > addresses
    > and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated. I
    > some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >
    > Mike

    In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news reader
    portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The command for
    this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be added. For
    instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type News in the Help
    Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    >I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >excel,
    > Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    > programs,
    > e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    > custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this is
    > correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    > version
    > or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    > separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    > addresses
    > and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated. I
    > some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >
    > Mike

    Great tip on newsreader support in Outlook.

    > In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news reader
    > portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The command for
    > this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be added. For
    > instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type News in the
    > Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >

    > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >>excel,
    >> Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    >> programs,
    >> e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    >> custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this
    >> is
    >> correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    >> version
    >> or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    >> separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    >> addresses
    >> and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated. I
    >> some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >>
    >> Mike

    Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab it
    but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further effect
    before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with services packs,
    etc.

    > In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news reader
    > portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The command for
    > this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be added. For
    > instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type News in the
    > Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >

    > "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >>excel,
    >> Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    >> programs,
    >> e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    >> custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this
    >> is
    >> correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    >> version
    >> or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    >> separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    >> addresses
    >> and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated. I
    >> some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >>
    >> Mike

    Uh, er, I didn't know, Colin. Personally, I simply put the news button on
    my Outlook 2003 toolbar and I believe those instructions are in that same
    help section. I haven't seen the issue you describe before. I think I'll
    have to take that up with an Outlook MVP and see what I can find.:-)

    Seriously, I'm checking it out now, Colin, I'll see what I can find.

    --

    > Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab
    > it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further
    > effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with
    > services packs, etc.

    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news reader
    >> portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The command for
    >> this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be added. For
    >> instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type News in the
    >> Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >>>excel,
    >>> Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    >>> programs,
    >>> e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    >>> custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this
    >>> is
    >>> correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    >>> version
    >>> or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    >>> separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    >>> addresses
    >>> and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated.
    >>> some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    Okay, I've found a few references to this issue but haven't found a
    solution. In other words, I've found a few others who have had problems
    dragging it to the Go menu who seem to have run into the same problem as
    you. The same methodology applies to placing it on the Outlook toolbar,
    were you able to do that because that would be my suggestion as an
    alternative to the Go menu absent a solution or reason why it can't be
    dragged to the Go menu.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    > Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab
    > it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further
    > effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with
    > services packs, etc.

    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news reader
    >> portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The command for
    >> this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be added. For
    >> instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type News in the
    >> Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >>>excel,
    >>> Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    >>> programs,
    >>> e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    >>> custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this
    >>> is
    >>> correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    >>> version
    >>> or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    >>> separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    >>> addresses
    >>> and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated.
    >>> some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    The help file gives the same exact instructions (see, they've been copying
    you). I closed OE, MSN, etc but maybe next time I do a restart I'll see if
    anything changes.

    > Uh, er, I didn't know, Colin. Personally, I simply put the news button on
    > my Outlook 2003 toolbar and I believe those instructions are in that same
    > help section. I haven't seen the issue you describe before. I think I'll
    > have to take that up with an Outlook MVP and see what I can find.:-)
    >
    > Seriously, I'm checking it out now, Colin, I'll see what I can find.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    >> Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab
    >> it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further
    >> effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with
    >> services packs, etc.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >>> In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news
    >>> reader portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The
    >>> command for this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be
    >>> added. For instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type
    >>> News in the Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >>> Windows Shell/User
    >>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>>

    >>> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    No. That did not work either. I know what you are talking about.

    > Okay, I've found a few references to this issue but haven't found a
    > solution. In other words, I've found a few others who have had problems
    > dragging it to the Go menu who seem to have run into the same problem as
    > you. The same methodology applies to placing it on the Outlook toolbar,
    > were you able to do that because that would be my suggestion as an
    > alternative to the Go menu absent a solution or reason why it can't be
    > dragged to the Go menu.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    >> Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab
    >> it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further
    >> effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with
    >> services packs, etc.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >>> In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news
    >>> reader portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The
    >>> command for this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be
    >>> added. For instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type
    >>> News in the Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >>> Windows Shell/User
    >>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>>

    >>> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    When you hover the drag over the "word" GO, Go then should cascade down, and
    you then just drop it there in the list. I just drag it to the toolbar, that
    way, it is less clicking.

    > Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab
    > it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further
    > effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with
    > services packs, etc.

    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news reader
    >> portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The command for
    >> this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be added. For
    >> instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type News in the
    >> Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have XP Home Edition and purchased Office 2003. I want to only load
    >>>excel,
    >>> Outlook, and Powerpoint on my computer I do not want to load all 7
    >>> programs,
    >>> e.g. Info Path. I need help with the software load. I assume I select
    >>> custom load and select only the programs I want to load. Assuming this
    >>> is
    >>> correct what do I select when it asks if I want to save the previous
    >>> version
    >>> or not to save the previous version. Also, does Outlook load up as a
    >>> separate program from Outlook Expresss. Can you export your e-mail
    >>> addresses
    >>> and e-mail from Outlook Express to Outlook? Your help is appreciated.
    >>> some what a novice and don't want to mess up my new computer.
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    I know. That's what I was expecting. However, it doesn't cascade. There
    is only the X in box to the lower right of the balloon that follows the
    mouse cursor.

    "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
    > When you hover the drag over the "word" GO, Go then should cascade down,
    > and you then just drop it there in the list. I just drag it to the
    > toolbar, that way, it is less clicking.

    >> Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I grab
    >> it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no further
    >> effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date with
    >> services packs, etc.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >>> In addition to Colin's post, also note, that Outlook uses the news
    >>> reader portion of Outlook Express in order to read newsgroups. The
    >>> command for this is not on the Outlook "Go" menu by default, it must be
    >>> added. For instructions for doing so, click Help on the toolbar, type
    >>> News in the Help Search box and click "Start the Newsgroup" reader.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >>> Windows Shell/User
    >>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>>

    >>> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    It is obvious it isn't working though strange. Anyway, it shows an "X" and
    doesn't turn into a "+" until that is an acceptable drop area. Anyway
    specifically; right click on toolbar/customize/command tab/click "Go" in
    categories/left click, hold over News (it should show immediately without
    further movement as a "+", then change to "X" when moved), then move it to
    where you want.

    >I know. That's what I was expecting. However, it doesn't cascade. There
    >is only the X in box to the lower right of the balloon that follows the
    >mouse cursor.

    > "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
    >> When you hover the drag over the "word" GO, Go then should cascade down,
    >> and you then just drop it there in the list. I just drag it to the
    >> toolbar, that way, it is less clicking.
    >>
    >> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>> Ok, Michael, when I drag the News item onto Go a plus appears when I
    >>> grab it but turns into an X when I hover over Go and hovering has no
    >>> further effect before or after I release. Outlook 2003 is up to date
    >>> with services packs, etc.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message

    Everything goes as described right down to the end. Go remains highlighted
    and News shows the box around it. I hold the left button down over "News"
    and keep it down. The + turns to X as I move off of News, I move the cursor
    (looks like a tiny brick) over to Go (still with the X) and hover over Go (I
    move all over the highlighted area waiting first one spot and then another,
    and over the word Go), but still an X. It doesn't matter whether I access
    the Customize tool by right clicking on the toolbar or use the Toolbar
    Options dropdown by the Help icon.

    By the way, I have the SnagIt snap in so there are two Toolbar Options
    dropdowns, one to the right of the Help icon and one to the right of the
    SnagIt toolbar. Neither gives any different results. SnagIt is not in the
    Startup Folder so it does not run until I want it to.

    > It is obvious it isn't working though strange. Anyway, it shows an "X" and
    > doesn't turn into a "+" until that is an acceptable drop area. Anyway
    > specifically; right click on toolbar/customize/command tab/click "Go" in
    > categories/left click, hold over News (it should show immediately without
    > further movement as a "+", then change to "X" when moved), then move it
    > to where you want.

    >>I know. That's what I was expecting. However, it doesn't cascade. There
    >>is only the X in box to the lower right of the balloon that follows the
    >>mouse cursor.
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
    >>> When you hover the drag over the "word" GO, Go then should cascade down,
    >>> and you then just drop it there in the list. I just drag it to the
    >>> toolbar, that way, it is less clicking.
    >>>
    >>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message

    The SnagIt Snap-in is on the Outlook Toolbar? If yes, you might want to
    remove it and see if you still have the issue. Turned on or not, if it is
    on the toolbar, it may be having some effect.

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

    > Everything goes as described right down to the end. Go remains
    > highlighted and News shows the box around it. I hold the left button down
    > over "News" and keep it down. The + turns to X as I move off of News, I
    > move the cursor (looks like a tiny brick) over to Go (still with the X)
    > and hover over Go (I move all over the highlighted area waiting first one
    > spot and then another, and over the word Go), but still an X. It doesn't
    > matter whether I access the Customize tool by right clicking on the
    > toolbar or use the Toolbar Options dropdown by the Help icon.
    >
    > By the way, I have the SnagIt snap in so there are two Toolbar Options
    > dropdowns, one to the right of the Help icon and one to the right of the
    > SnagIt toolbar. Neither gives any different results. SnagIt is not in
    > the Startup Folder so it does not run until I want it to.

    > "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message
    >> It is obvious it isn't working though strange. Anyway, it shows an "X"
    >> and doesn't turn into a "+" until that is an acceptable drop area. Anyway
    >> specifically; right click on toolbar/customize/command tab/click "Go" in
    >> categories/left click, hold over News (it should show immediately without
    >> further movement as a "+", then change to "X" when moved), then move it
    >> to where you want.
    >>
    >> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>>I know. That's what I was expecting. However, it doesn't cascade.
    >>>There is only the X in box to the lower right of the balloon that follows
    >>>the mouse cursor.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

    I did remove it in the SnagIt preferences but that made no difference. In
    the meantime I discovered that I couldn't start SnagIt if Outlook was
    running and I couldn't start Outlook if SnagIt was running. That certainly
    is a bad sign. I made the SnagData file and sent a support request to
    TechSmith with the obligatory statment of the problem and attempts to date
    to solve. I'm going give TechSmith a couple of days to get back to me
    before deciding to uninstall SnagIt. No hurry. TechSmith would have caught
    something like the inability to start Outlook with SnagIt running if it were
    one of their bugs. I must have a scenario on my system that they never
    tested. Perhaps there is a conflicting third program somewhere in my
    system.

    Please keep us posted, Colin.

    --

    >I did remove it in the SnagIt preferences but that made no difference. In
    >the meantime I discovered that I couldn't start SnagIt if Outlook was
    >running and I couldn't start Outlook if SnagIt was running. That certainly
    >is a bad sign. I made the SnagData file and sent a support request to
    >TechSmith with the obligatory statment of the problem and attempts to date
    >to solve. I'm going give TechSmith a couple of days to get back to me
    >before deciding to uninstall SnagIt. No hurry. TechSmith would have
    >caught something like the inability to start Outlook with SnagIt running if
    >it were one of their bugs. I must have a scenario on my system that they
    >never tested. Perhaps there is a conflicting third program somewhere in my
    >system.

    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> The SnagIt Snap-in is on the Outlook Toolbar? If yes, you might want to
    >> remove it and see if you still have the issue. Turned on or not, if it
    >> is on the toolbar, it may be having some effect.
    >>
    >> --
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >>
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>> Everything goes as described right down to the end. Go remains
    >>> highlighted and News shows the box around it. I hold the left button
    >>> down over "News" and keep it down. The + turns to X as I move off of
    >>> News, I move the cursor (looks like a tiny brick) over to Go (still with
    >>> the X) and hover over Go (I move all over the highlighted area waiting
    >>> first one spot and then another, and over the word Go), but still an X.
    >>> It doesn't matter whether I access the Customize tool by right clicking
    >>> on the toolbar or use the Toolbar Options dropdown by the Help icon.
    >>>
    >>> By the way, I have the SnagIt snap in so there are two Toolbar Options
    >>> dropdowns, one to the right of the Help icon and one to the right of the
    >>> SnagIt toolbar. Neither gives any different results. SnagIt is not in
    >>> the Startup Folder so it does not run until I want it to.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message

    Yeah, I know. "Write if you find work."

    > Please keep us posted, Colin.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    >>I did remove it in the SnagIt preferences but that made no difference. In
    >>the meantime I discovered that I couldn't start SnagIt if Outlook was
    >>running and I couldn't start Outlook if SnagIt was running. That
    >>certainly is a bad sign. I made the SnagData file and sent a support
    >>request to TechSmith with the obligatory statment of the problem and
    >>attempts to date to solve. I'm going give TechSmith a couple of days to
    >>get back to me before deciding to uninstall SnagIt. No hurry. TechSmith
    >>would have caught something like the inability to start Outlook with
    >>SnagIt running if it were one of their bugs. I must have a scenario on my
    >>system that they never tested. Perhaps there is a conflicting third
    >>program somewhere in my system.
    >>

    >> --
    >> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >>> The SnagIt Snap-in is on the Outlook Toolbar? If yes, you might want to
    >>> remove it and see if you still have the issue. Turned on or not, if it
    >>> is on the toolbar, it may be having some effect.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >>>
    >>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >>> Windows Shell/User
    >>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend