Increase Screen Resolution, Get Double Desktop

If I increase my screen resolution for my new NEC Accusync
LCD 71v monitor to its native resolution of 1280 x 1024, I
get a double tiled desktop background. why is this
happening. This occurs on both a Windows 2000 and XP
version computer. (all services packs applied).

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"MIS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I increase my screen resolution for my new NEC Accusync
> LCD 71v monitor to its native resolution of 1280 x 1024, I
> get a double tiled desktop background. why is this
> happening. This occurs on both a Windows 2000 and XP
> version computer. (all services packs applied).

In Display Properties->Background change the
Picture Display setting from Tile to either Center
or Stretch.