Network Setup Not Seeing Workgroup?

Have some Win2000 workstations. From other workstations (i.e. WinXP) on the
network I can see these Win2000 workstations. But from the Win2000
workstations it only shows the icon for the workgroup. When you click on it
I see the message "The network path was not found." Is there some setting
or configuration option I am missing?

NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) may be disabled on the client computer

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Al Franz" wrote:
| Have some Win2000 workstations. From other workstations (i.e. WinXP) on
the
| network I can see these Win2000 workstations. But from the Win2000
| workstations it only shows the icon for the workgroup. When you click on
it
| I see the message "The network path was not found." Is there some
setting
| or configuration option I am missing?

>> NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) may be disabled on the client computer

Maybe I need some help with how to do this. I have "Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP)" installed and I see no other Win2000 or WinXP computers on the
Network. I added the "NetBeui Protocol" on 2 Win2000 workstations and they
now see each other but they do not see any WinXP machines in the Workgroup.
Where is this NetBT which I need to enable?? Thanks for your help.

"Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) may be disabled on the client computer
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Al Franz" wrote:
> | Have some Win2000 workstations. From other workstations (i.e. WinXP) on
> the
> | network I can see these Win2000 workstations. But from the Win2000
> | workstations it only shows the icon for the workgroup. When you click
on
> it
> | I see the message "The network path was not found." Is there some
> setting
> | or configuration option I am missing?

Control Panel|Network|"connection"|Properties|Internet
Protocol|Properties|Advanced|Wins and radio button for "Enable NetBIOS over
TCP/IP"