Boot Partition Size in Win2000 Server

How large can the boot partition be? I assume it is
8GB...is that a correct assumption.
3 answers Last reply
More about boot partition size win2000 server

    I'm assuming you meant system partition. This could be a hardware limitation
    and occurs independently of the operating system. This should not be an
    issue on a newer computer if their BIOS supports INT13 Extensions and this
    feature is turned on, which it is by default. Also this article may help.

    Setup Does Not Check for INT-13 Extensions Before Creating System Partition
    (Q240672)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240672

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Ken" wrote:
    | How large can the boot partition be? I assume it is
    | 8GB...is that a correct assumption.

    Yes, This is what I meant I should have been more clear.
    I have a Win2000 Server and would like to have a system
    partion larger than 8GB. I know in WinNT this was a
    limitation but wasn't sure if this carried over to
    Win2000. Its running on a Dell PowerEdge 2600. Any
    information would be appreciated.

    us;Q240672

    >--
    >Regards,

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"Ken" wrote:
    >| How large can the boot partition be? I assume it is
    >| 8GB...is that a correct assumption.
    >

    >.

    You didn't mention what you had in mind but you're only limited by the
    capability of your hardware (system bios and or drive controller)

    Also these may help.

    Limitations of FAT32 File System (Q184006)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q184006

    Windows NT File Size and Partition Size Limits (Q93496)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q93496

    --

    "Ken" wrote:
    | Yes, This is what I meant I should have been more clear.
    | I have a Win2000 Server and would like to have a system
    | partion larger than 8GB. I know in WinNT this was a
    | limitation but wasn't sure if this carried over to
    | Win2000. Its running on a Dell PowerEdge 2600. Any
    | information would be appreciated.

Partition Boot Microsoft Servers Windows