Heat Issues

pc_slayer

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2006
The room in which my computer lives gets blasted by the sun all day long. The rest of the house can be in the low 70's (F) and yet this room will be in 80's or higher!! Thus, the temps in my comp obviously directly relate to the ambient temperature, but without having an astronomical electric bill from cranking up the AC just to cool this room, what are my other options? The ceiling fan is on high all year long, and I have an oscillating fan trying to move the cooler air from the hallway into the room. On hot days, my temps idle btw 50-55C and under load can reach close to 70C. I have replaced the stock cooler on my e6400 with the AC Freezer 7 Pro, which helped to bring my temps down about 8C. I went with this cooler due to money constraints. Can any think of a semi-cheap, effecient way to cool this room and my pc down???

Thanks.

sailer

Splendid
In addition to Doolittle's recommendation, you might consider an awning or shade on the outside of the window. I did this for a house I once owned and it lowered tempts a few degrees. I used awnings and put them on all the windows of the house. Lowered my cooling bills considerably.

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
You could try water cooling - it will cool your chip down efficiently - not sure if that comes into the realms of semi-cheap though :)