XP to 2000 reinstall

I need to reformat myXP computer to Windows 2000. But
when I insert the CD, it tells me that setup is disabled
because windows 2000 is outdated.

What do I need to do to get this to work?
1 answer Last reply
More about 2000 reinstall

    Format using xp disk, quit before install starts

    "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I need to reformat myXP computer to Windows 2000. But
    > when I insert the CD, it tells me that setup is disabled
    > because windows 2000 is outdated.
    >
    > What do I need to do to get this to work?

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP Windows