  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 10, 2005 12:35:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Just want to know if restarting the computer by "Ctrl + Restart" from "task
manager" in XP does any harm or not? Why is it faster than the normal
restarting?
Thanks in advance

More about : ctrl restart harm

March 10, 2005 12:35:33 PM

"ABenui" <Antui@ret.com> wrote in message
news:o HhfpINJFHA.656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Just want to know if restarting the computer by "Ctrl + Restart" from
> "task
> manager" in XP does any harm or not? Why is it faster than the normal
> restarting?
> Thanks in advance

it simply does not shutdown the runnning programs correctly - so any open
files may be corrupted.
--
James Jenkins
www.tamarsolutions.co.uk

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

"ABenui" <Antui@ret.com> wrote in message
news:o HhfpINJFHA.656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
Just want to know if restarting the computer by "Ctrl + Restart" from "task
manager" in XP does any harm or not? Why is it faster than the normal
restarting?
Thanks in advance

While your fixing things, fix you date and time, your posting in the future.
March 10, 2005 12:35:34 PM

"Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote:

>I am talking about all the extra services in XP that need to be closed down.

To stop a service, go to Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services.
That will show you a list of all services, a description of each, the
status (started or not) of each and allow you to start services that
are not yet running and stop services that are running.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

Thanks Tim. That was the information that I needed. I appreciate your help
and the information.

"Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
: "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote:
:
: >I am talking about all the extra services in XP that need to be closed
down.
:
: To stop a service, go to Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services.
: That will show you a list of all services, a description of each, the
: status (started or not) of each and allow you to start services that
: are not yet running and stop services that are running.
:
: --
: Tim Slattery
: MS MVP(DTS)