Does Ctrl + Restart harm?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Just want to know if restarting the computer by "Ctrl + Restart" from "task
manager" in XP does any harm or not? Why is it faster than the normal
restarting?
Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about does ctrl restart harm
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    "ABenui" <Antui@ret.com> wrote in message
    > Just want to know if restarting the computer by "Ctrl + Restart" from
    > "task
    > manager" in XP does any harm or not? Why is it faster than the normal
    > restarting?
    > Thanks in advance

    it simply does not shutdown the runnning programs correctly - so any open
    files may be corrupted.
    --
    James Jenkins
    www.tamarsolutions.co.uk

    "ABenui" <Antui@ret.com> wrote in message
    Just want to know if restarting the computer by "Ctrl + Restart" from "task
    manager" in XP does any harm or not? Why is it faster than the normal
    restarting?
    Thanks in advance

    While your fixing things, fix you date and time, your posting in the future.

    "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote:

    >I am talking about all the extra services in XP that need to be closed down.

    To stop a service, go to Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services.
    That will show you a list of all services, a description of each, the
    status (started or not) of each and allow you to start services that
    are not yet running and stop services that are running.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    Thanks Tim. That was the information that I needed. I appreciate your help
    and the information.

    "Tim Slattery" <Slattery_T@bls.gov> wrote in message
    : "Dan" <spamyou@user.nec> wrote:
    :
    : >I am talking about all the extra services in XP that need to be closed
    down.
    :
    : To stop a service, go to Control Panel|Administrative Tools|Services.
    : That will show you a list of all services, a description of each, the
    : status (started or not) of each and allow you to start services that
    : are not yet running and stop services that are running.
    :
    : --
    : Tim Slattery
    : MS MVP(DTS)