2 Monitors and Windows Vista

FraserSoft

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I have recently installed Windows Vista Home Premium having run Windows XP Pro for a long time driving 2 Iiyama 17" monitors without any problems. Ever since Vista was installed I now can't get the 2 monitors on only the one with the DVI connection will work, the graphics card is an Asus (ATI based) 9600XT. I have tried all of the drivers available for this card both from Asus and ATI withouth success.
I was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and perhaps replacing the graphics card with one with 2 DVI outputs might be the answer ?
Thanks
Alec

eduardor2k

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
Hi, i've installed vista on my computer and setup my graphic card (X1300 DVI + HDMI->DVI) to to monitors in extended desktop mode.

I had any trouble with my setup, both work correctly using 7.1 and 7.2 drivers, try to use the monitor assistant wizzard in ati drivers.

Bye

human_error

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
Hmm, my laptop's rad 9600 ran dual monitors in vista's beta, and my desktop with the setup in sig runs 2 monitors great, as said below it may be an issue with the age of the card with new drivers.

Try turning aeroglass off and see if it'll work then, if so then it's the power in your card letting you down, if not then it may be driver issues - have you tried the beta ones for vista released in december?