windows can not startup

Daniel

Hi,
My laptop is a windows 2000 and it cannot startup after it
boots. I tried to do an emergency repair but unfortunately
I don't have a ERD backup because the setup can not find
the previous installation. In addition, I have also tried
to start system from safe mode, debug mode but none were
successful. What happends is that my computer repeatedly
reboots.

So my question is what are the alternative solutions to be
able to fix the errors without formatting my c drive and
do a reinstallation?

if I obtain a Emergency Repair Disk from another computer
will it work for my laptop as well? is it compatible to do
that?

I welcome any questions or suggestions from. Thanks for
your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Daniel

No, an ERD from another machine won't work.

Before your machine reboots, does it display a "blue
screen" error message?

Regards
Paul

Describe EXACTLY what happens when you attempt boot. How far does it
get? Any messages, however fleeting?

You may have a hardware problem, loose disk cable, loose RAM, etc.

Has the laptop ever worked? Has W2k ever worked on it? Did you upgrade
to W2k from some other sys? Etc.

ERDs are installation-specific. DO NOT USE one from another machine,
you'll compound your problem.

See if the laptop manufacturer has any downloadable diagnostics. Get &
run any.