Windows 2000 start up disks

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is there somewhere that I can get new copies of the win 2k
startup disks?....my disk 1 got corruptted.

On your (or any) W2k CD:

\bootdisk\mkbt32.exe (on a 32-bit sys)
\bootdisk\makeboot.exe (on a 16-bit sys)

will generate the 4 setup diskettes.

I think the order they are created in is 4,3,2,1 but I may be wrong.
They're not system-specific, so if you can find a good disk1 somewhere
you can just image it. Your 2,3,4 may be OK.

You want to be sure your problem is a corrupted diskette and not a
misbehaving diskette drive.