Setting Up Headless Console

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 6, 2004 2:28:47 PM

Hello,
I need to deploy a pair of windows 2000 servers as a
telco facility without access to monitor and keyborad. I
configured them as headless servers however how could I
use a laptop to directly connect to the boxes when needed
more like serial port/ Null modem access in the UNIX world.
If possible I would like to avoid stored
monitors/keyboards/and mice at the facility.

Thanks
sd
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 7:13:12 PM

Hi sd,

You can do this by installing Win2K Terminal Services in Remote
Administration mode, then use Remote Desktop Connection to connect via the
network.

Check out these links;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306624&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314894&Product=win2000