Windows 2000 Pro Setup Help Needed!!!!

Hi,

I have a Dell Optiplex GX110 with a current BIOS and blank
hard drive. When I try to install Windows 2000 pro using
the cd or floppy disks I get the following error message;
ERROR LOADING \NTKRNLMP.EXE. I tried replacing the RAM
and setting the BIOS to factory defaults but I still have
the same problem. I installed Windows 98 on this computer
without any problems but really would like Win2k Pro
instead. Does anyone have any idea's??

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 setup needed

    Was this a clean install or upgrade?
    Google shows many refs. to ram problems causing this, also MS has a kb
    article 812580 refs ACPI though re XP install.

    "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Dell Optiplex GX110 with a current BIOS and blank
    > hard drive. When I try to install Windows 2000 pro using
    > the cd or floppy disks I get the following error message;
    > ERROR LOADING \NTKRNLMP.EXE. I tried replacing the RAM
    > and setting the BIOS to factory defaults but I still have
    > the same problem. I installed Windows 98 on this computer
    > without any problems but really would like Win2k Pro
    > instead. Does anyone have any idea's??
    >
    > Thanks

Windows 2000 Windows