CD autorun off/on in W2000Pro ?

Tim

Is there anywhere I can turn on/off auto-insert in 2000Pro. W98 had the
options in device manager...but I can't find anything similar in W2000Pro ?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim wrote:

> Is there anywhere I can turn on/off auto-insert in 2000Pro. W98 had the
> options in device manager...but I can't find anything similar in W2000Pro ?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Personally, I love it when "auto-insert" is off.
Call me paranoid, but I don't want *anything* to have a chance
to run off of a CD before I have a chance to browse the CD
and see what is on it.

However, if you install TweakUI (download from MicroSoft),
there is are separate options on the Paranoia page to turn off
auto-play for both data and music CDs.

Run gpedit.msc and configure either Computer or User
Configuration/AdministrativeTemplates/System/DisableAutoplay.