looking for freeware app that compliments "services.msc" i..

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

i am looking for an app (command line preferably) that will list what what
services are installed on my system (XP Home SP2), whether or not they are
started, and if they are setup as manual, automatic, or disabled. Something
that'll allow me to print this list to a text file or printer (for basic
record keeping)

I'm not looking to change, edit, or modify services (i can simply use
services.msc for that), just print out a basic list of what i have and
what's started and what's enabled.

--
Woodzy
http://www.rtdos.com/forum

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

You can export the list for printing.

"(ProteanThread)" <sysop@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>i am looking for an app (command line preferably) that will list what what
> services are installed on my system (XP Home SP2), whether or not they are
> started, and if they are setup as manual, automatic, or disabled.
> Something
> that'll allow me to print this list to a text file or printer (for basic
> record keeping)
>
> I'm not looking to change, edit, or modify services (i can simply use
> services.msc for that), just print out a basic list of what i have and
> what's started and what's enabled.
>
> --
> Woodzy
> http://www.rtdos.com/forum

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

i did not know that. thanks.

> You can export the list for printing.

> "(ProteanThread)" <sysop@rtdos.com> wrote in message
> >i am looking for an app (command line preferably) that will list what
what
> > services are installed on my system (XP Home SP2), whether or not they
are
> > started, and if they are setup as manual, automatic, or disabled.
> > Something
> > that'll allow me to print this list to a text file or printer (for basic
> > record keeping)
> >
> > I'm not looking to change, edit, or modify services (i can simply use
> > services.msc for that), just print out a basic list of what i have and
> > what's started and what's enabled.
> >
> > --
> > Woodzy
> > http://www.rtdos.com/forum

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

On the menu in the Services window choose Action/Export List...

"(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>i did not know that. thanks.

>> You can export the list for printing.
>>
>> --
>> "(ProteanThread)" <sysop@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>> >i am looking for an app (command line preferably) that will list what
> what
>> > services are installed on my system (XP Home SP2), whether or not they
> are
>> > started, and if they are setup as manual, automatic, or disabled.
>> > Something
>> > that'll allow me to print this list to a text file or printer (for
>> > basic
>> > record keeping)
>> >
>> > I'm not looking to change, edit, or modify services (i can simply use
>> > services.msc for that), just print out a basic list of what i have and
>> > what's started and what's enabled.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Woodzy
>> > http://www.rtdos.com/forum

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

http://p-nand-q.com/e/pserv.html

John

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:58:08 -0700, (ProteanThread) wrote:

> i am looking for an app (command line preferably) that will list what what
> services are installed on my system (XP Home SP2), whether or not they are
> started, and if they are setup as manual, automatic, or disabled. Something
> that'll allow me to print this list to a text file or printer (for basic
> record keeping)

A good command line tool would be PSService of SysInternals:

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psservice.shtml

If you like a CSV (or otherwise formatted) output, look at ServiWin from
Nir Sofer:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/serviwin.html

Be sure to check its command line options, too.

BeAr
= What do you mean with: "Perfection is always an illusion"? =