Please Help With my POS celeron.

kistlerjm9

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I have a 1.1 celeron running on a cognac mother board. I understand this is a POS but i my core voltage with not go above 1.520. The processor is a 1.75v. With the original 533 i connected vid3 to the vss and bump the core voltage from 1.488 to 1.520 but the voltage should have gone to 1.95. Is the a problem with the stock PSU? Have the lasted bios. And it has the pll isc-9250b set for 100mhz fsb.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Are you having problems with stability or just looking at the bios/monitor and thinking Hmm....
If your not having problems then I honestly wouldn't worry.

kistlerjm9

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
as far as the system goes this is a server set up in my dorm. i have a self built asus-k8n sli deluxe thanx for the offer on the p4 though. But i was attempting to overclock the 1.1 and i cant get the voltage to past 1.5. Just wondering I really dont care about this terd just wanted to overclock on a crap system b4 messing with my clawhammer.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
find a schematic of the mobo

replace the resistor that regulated the cpu voltage - that should blow it up! or just by pass the regulation circuits your get the full 3.3v

you can swap them and change your voltage that way for cool dorm project - warning make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy!

Major_Spittle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
as far as the system goes this is a server set up in my dorm. i have a self built asus-k8n sli deluxe thanx for the offer on the p4 though. But i was attempting to overclock the 1.1 and i cant get the voltage to past 1.5. Just wondering I really dont care about this terd just wanted to overclock on a crap system b4 messing with my clawhammer.

Water conducts electricity so I would try spraying water on the CPU. This should give the Celeron the boost in Voltage it needs.

disclaimer: Use of this advice may cause death and destruction. Whenever spraying water on electrical devices be sure to wear the proper safety equipment and avoid grounds.

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I have a 1.1 celeron running on a cognac mother board. I understand this is a POS but i my core voltage with not go above 1.520. The processor is a 1.75v. With the original 533 i connected vid3 to the vss and bump the core voltage from 1.488 to 1.520 but the voltage should have gone to 1.95. Is the a problem with the stock PSU? Have the lasted bios. And it has the pll isc-9250b set for 100mhz fsb.

I see everyone is being more than helpful, as usual. :roll:

First of all, is this a Coppermine Celeron, or a Tualatin that we're dealing with? What is the chipset found on this Cognac board?

billystringer

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
The coppermines are only so-so overclockers, especially at the "high" frequencies like 1.1ghz. I have a 1.3a Celeron overclocked to 1.5ghz on 1.65v, running Windows Xp like a champ, never a hiccup.

While I'm sure you aren't interested investing more money into dead technology, the tualatins are much better at this sort of thing than the coppermines.

-The String

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
The coppermines are only so-so overclockers, especially at the "high" frequencies like 1.1ghz. I have a 1.3a Celeron overclocked to 1.5ghz on 1.65v, running Windows Xp like a champ, never a hiccup.

While I'm sure you aren't interested investing more money into dead technology, the tualatins are much better at this sort of thing than the coppermines.

-The String

As he said, don't bother if it's a Coppermine. You're already maxed out when it comes to possible clock speed.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

-The String
I run my 1.3 @ 1648/1.65v and it's suprisingly quick. The highest i could run it fairly stable was 1675(hit 1700 once for Suicide-Shot)damn AGP/PCI. Did the pin-mod for 133FSB, but even with the pin-mod for >volts, it wouldn't boot. :x Still going strong after a few years, and overclocked the whole time. :)

billystringer

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I will say I have always been impressed with how the late PIII based Celerons performed. Not really a gamers delight, but they did everything else within earshot of their big brothers, and even outperformed the AMD competition from time to time. I think you summed it up nicely with "surprisingly quick", and I would certainly back that up! If only my chip could keep pace with yours... 8)

-The String

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I will say I have always been impressed with how the late PIII based Celerons performed. Not really a gamers delight, but they did everything else within earshot of their big brothers, and even outperformed the AMD competition from time to time. I think you summed it up nicely with "surprisingly quick", and I would certainly back that up! If only my chip could keep pace with yours... 8)

-The String
I have a 1.2 Celly, 1.3 Celly, and a 1.2 PIII. If i O/C the 1.2 to 1320(110FSB), the 1.3@ stock still benches a bit better(go figure), with the same RAM timings..2-2-2, plus the 110FSB vs. 100.. Very weird. :? The PIII is unbelievably cool running.

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
As long as they were the 800MHz and higher Celerons, they were fairly decent. My first self-purchased computer had an 800mHz celeron. I didn't know more than the basics about computers at the time; I lucked out and just happened to get a decent Celeron system. I got plenty of use out of that computer.