Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Any experience with Panasonic pt47x54????

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 3:16:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???

Thanks for any input.


Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
August 15, 2004 9:03:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of the
other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if you
wish further discussion.

Mark

"Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
>
> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
August 16, 2004 12:28:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Had one delivered 2 weeks ago and hooked it up.

I'd looked at a lot of models and was just blown away by the picture quality
on this unit. Very bright and what I found to be an exceptional ability to
view the picture from angles off to the side......something I was concerned
about with RPTV.

At this point I've only got basic cable, DVD, VCR going in to it, working on
digital cable and HD signal soon.

I've experimented with the DVD hookups using coax, composite and component
inputs and I've got to say the component hookups are absolutely
amazing......what a difference in picture quality. Very, very impressive.

Regular 4:3 quality I find to be more than acceptable. You can choose
between 4:3 with gray bars on the side, zoom effect losing some top, bottom
and sides, full screen that stretches everything, and a justified mode that
only stretches the left and right edges to give you 16:9 format.....not too
bad at all.

Convergence is simple, automatic with a press of a button and seems to work
very well (from what my layman's eye's can tell).

The built in sound system is awesome. 4 speakers with surround sound. Just
hooked up a home theatre system (Panasonic HT-400) and it's awesome.

The look of the set is very nice and the top shelf is very handy for other
equipment.

So far I am totally impressed. More fiddling to come.

Simple setup, straight forward remote with all you'd want, split screen
works very well, fantastic picture, I'm looking forward to using this TV.
"Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:48WdnY3TSNNeUoLcRVn-sw@edaptivity.com...
>I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
> relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of
> the
> other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if
> you
> wish further discussion.
>
> Mark
>
> "Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
>> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
>>
>> Thanks for any input.
>>
>>
>> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
>> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 8:35:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Thanks for info. At least positive comments. I have bought it and it
is on order now.

However, I have read about some kind of DVD or CD named something like
AVIA that you need to align projection TV's. Salesman didn't not
anything about it. Do I need to get any kind of DVD or CD to align the
projection (whatever they are??)

Thanks again. My wife is a Geordie from Wallsend just outside
Newcastle.



On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:03:59 -0400, "Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
>relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of the
>other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if you
>wish further discussion.
>
>Mark
>
>"Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
>news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
>> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
>>
>> Thanks for any input.
>>
>>
>> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
>> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
>

Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 8:50:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Thanks Ziggy for all the positive comments. The picture also blew me
away in two different showrooms and the salesman said at home (I'm on
Comcast digital) will be even better.

I'm looking forward to fiddling with all the knobs and switches.

I think I'm going to have the guys who deliver it set up the DVD,
Cable box, and A/V amplifier. The basic delivery charge is $39.00 and
they will hook up three machines to the TV for $20.00 more and I think
it is worth that. I'm going back tomorrow to try and pick out all the
cables I will need. I think Monster Cable has packages that you can
purchase. Do you have any thoughts on the cables and delivery guys
hooking up everything. What do you mean by ((component hookups are
absolutely
>amazing......what a difference in picture quality))

Thanks for your input. I'm looking forward to getting the set.




On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:28:51 -0400, "Ziggy" <z.r.o.b.@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>Had one delivered 2 weeks ago and hooked it up.
>
>I'd looked at a lot of models and was just blown away by the picture quality
>on this unit. Very bright and what I found to be an exceptional ability to
>view the picture from angles off to the side......something I was concerned
>about with RPTV.
>
>At this point I've only got basic cable, DVD, VCR going in to it, working on
>digital cable and HD signal soon.
>
>I've experimented with the DVD hookups using coax, composite and component
>inputs and I've got to say the component hookups are absolutely
>amazing......what a difference in picture quality. Very, very impressive.
>
>Regular 4:3 quality I find to be more than acceptable. You can choose
>between 4:3 with gray bars on the side, zoom effect losing some top, bottom
>and sides, full screen that stretches everything, and a justified mode that
>only stretches the left and right edges to give you 16:9 format.....not too
>bad at all.
>
>Convergence is simple, automatic with a press of a button and seems to work
>very well (from what my layman's eye's can tell).
>
>The built in sound system is awesome. 4 speakers with surround sound. Just
>hooked up a home theatre system (Panasonic HT-400) and it's awesome.
>
>The look of the set is very nice and the top shelf is very handy for other
>equipment.
>
>So far I am totally impressed. More fiddling to come.
>
>Simple setup, straight forward remote with all you'd want, split screen
>works very well, fantastic picture, I'm looking forward to using this TV.
>"Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:48WdnY3TSNNeUoLcRVn-sw@edaptivity.com...
>>I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
>> relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of
>> the
>> other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if
>> you
>> wish further discussion.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> "Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
>>> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
>>>
>>> Thanks for any input.
>>>
>>>
>>> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
>>> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
>>
>>
>

Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
August 16, 2004 9:56:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

You do not need any alignment CD for this TV. The TV has a 9-point
convergence feature in the set-up menu to align the guns. The component
video cables Ziggy was refering to are a must for connecting your DVD player
to this TV. Picture will be much better that with the composite cables you
got with the DVD player. Monster Cable is good but not cheap. You refered to
a cable box. Is it an HD terminal? By the way, I was conservative in my
earlier response. This TV is fantastic. Probably the best bang for the buck
available.

Mark

"Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:8g62i0p3ujof2vf7cq3clrbs0huerbtlbu@4ax.com...
> Thanks for info. At least positive comments. I have bought it and it
> is on order now.
>
> However, I have read about some kind of DVD or CD named something like
> AVIA that you need to align projection TV's. Salesman didn't not
> anything about it. Do I need to get any kind of DVD or CD to align the
> projection (whatever they are??)
>
> Thanks again. My wife is a Geordie from Wallsend just outside
> Newcastle.
>
>
>
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:03:59 -0400, "Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
> >relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of
the
> >other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if
you
> >wish further discussion.
> >
> >Mark
> >
> >"Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
> >news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
> >> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
> >>
> >> Thanks for any input.
> >>
> >>
> >> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
> >> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
> >
>
> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
>
August 16, 2004 9:59:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Just wait til you see HD on this set................stunning!

Mark

"Ziggy" <z.r.o.b.@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:9M1Uc.5123$Tr.337793@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Had one delivered 2 weeks ago and hooked it up.
>
> I'd looked at a lot of models and was just blown away by the picture
quality
> on this unit. Very bright and what I found to be an exceptional ability to
> view the picture from angles off to the side......something I was
concerned
> about with RPTV.
>
> At this point I've only got basic cable, DVD, VCR going in to it, working
on
> digital cable and HD signal soon.
>
> I've experimented with the DVD hookups using coax, composite and component
> inputs and I've got to say the component hookups are absolutely
> amazing......what a difference in picture quality. Very, very impressive.
>
> Regular 4:3 quality I find to be more than acceptable. You can choose
> between 4:3 with gray bars on the side, zoom effect losing some top,
bottom
> and sides, full screen that stretches everything, and a justified mode
that
> only stretches the left and right edges to give you 16:9 format.....not
too
> bad at all.
>
> Convergence is simple, automatic with a press of a button and seems to
work
> very well (from what my layman's eye's can tell).
>
> The built in sound system is awesome. 4 speakers with surround sound. Just
> hooked up a home theatre system (Panasonic HT-400) and it's awesome.
>
> The look of the set is very nice and the top shelf is very handy for other
> equipment.
>
> So far I am totally impressed. More fiddling to come.
>
> Simple setup, straight forward remote with all you'd want, split screen
> works very well, fantastic picture, I'm looking forward to using this TV.
> "Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:48WdnY3TSNNeUoLcRVn-sw@edaptivity.com...
> >I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
> > relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of
> > the
> > other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if
> > you
> > wish further discussion.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
> >> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
> >>
> >> Thanks for any input.
> >>
> >>
> >> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
> >> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
> >
> >
>
>
August 17, 2004 5:21:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

As Mark said, the component cables are a must for best quality. In simple
terms, 3 cables are used just for the video component vs. the 1 cable you
have to use with a lot of VCR's. A component connection is far superior to
one you'd get with a regular composite cable and it is also better than an
s-video connection.

In order of quality
Component
S-video
Composite

Keep in mind that you still need to hookup the audio from the DVD or VCR to
the TV as well. The hookups aren't too bad until you start introducing
cable boxes or a home theatre to get it to do exactly what you want it to
do. If they're only going to charge you $20 and you're not comfortable with
it then I'd think it's an Ok price. I'm the type that wants to do it myself
so that I understand it and can do it again if I need to move the stuff
around.

I've used nothing but the automatic gun alignment and am very happy with the
picture quality.

I'm sure you're going to enjoy this set. I can't wait to see an HD program
at home on this thing.

"Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:kJadnXhT2rsLsLzcRVn-pg@edaptivity.com...
> You do not need any alignment CD for this TV. The TV has a 9-point
> convergence feature in the set-up menu to align the guns. The component
> video cables Ziggy was refering to are a must for connecting your DVD
> player
> to this TV. Picture will be much better that with the composite cables you
> got with the DVD player. Monster Cable is good but not cheap. You refered
> to
> a cable box. Is it an HD terminal? By the way, I was conservative in my
> earlier response. This TV is fantastic. Probably the best bang for the
> buck
> available.
>
> Mark
>
> "Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:8g62i0p3ujof2vf7cq3clrbs0huerbtlbu@4ax.com...
>> Thanks for info. At least positive comments. I have bought it and it
>> is on order now.
>>
>> However, I have read about some kind of DVD or CD named something like
>> AVIA that you need to align projection TV's. Salesman didn't not
>> anything about it. Do I need to get any kind of DVD or CD to align the
>> projection (whatever they are??)
>>
>> Thanks again. My wife is a Geordie from Wallsend just outside
>> Newcastle.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:03:59 -0400, "Mark" <mgsiltamaki@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I have had this TV for a few weeks now (actually the PT-47WX53) and am
>> >relatively pleased with it. It does analog as well or better than any of
> the
>> >other TVs I previewed. Colour is great and so is contrast. E-mail me if
> you
>> >wish further discussion.
>> >
>> >Mark
>> >
>> >"Wild Bill 2" <poston8@REMOVEcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> >news:ft0rh0pqokuh4s7innag75urinrgpig01l@4ax.com...
>> >> Anyone have any experience with the Panasonic pt47x54???
>> >>
>> >> Thanks for any input.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
>> >> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
>> >
>>
>> Wild Bill 2, Marietta, Ga. (^_-)
>> email: poston8 [at] comcast [.] net
>>
>
>
!