Windows 2000 Pro Product key

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 11, 2004 11:37:27 AM

i lost my windows 2000 pro product key can anyone tell me
how i can install or find a new key
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 2:40:11 PM

If you have proof of purchase, and it was a retail copy, call Microsoft. If
it was an OEM/bundled copy, try the hardware manufacturer.

todd wrote:
> i lost my windows 2000 pro product key can anyone tell me
> how i can install or find a new key
April 11, 2004 2:40:12 PM

April 11, 2004 10:21:32 PM

....don't know why my original reply hasn't shown up, but to recap - if you
didn't buy it and get a copy of the license, you weren't using a legal copy.
You'll need to buy it (or might's well go get XP at this point).

todd wrote:
> [...]
April 12, 2004 8:42:04 AM

Bobby

Go to http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php browse to downloads
and get this tool. When you run the application, under the
operating system description it will give you your Product
Key.

This tool is free, and it is a FANTASTIC utility everyone
should have.

Regards
Paul
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 1:27:46 PM

Yes, or KeyFinder from www.magicaljellybean.com - does the same thing.
Note however that a) this requires that the existing installation is still
bootable, and b) sounds like the OP was not using a legal licensed copy of
Windows to begin with.

pdbasham wrote:
> Bobby
>
> Go to http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php browse to downloads
> and get this tool. When you run the application, under the
> operating system description it will give you your Product
> Key.
>
> This tool is free, and it is a FANTASTIC utility everyone
> should have.
>
> Regards
> Paul
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 6:39:56 PM

LanWench

Unless the Professor gave him the original copy & licence?

Regards
Paul

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 11:34:47 PM

True. And uninstalled his/her own copy. :-)

!