Windows 2000 Pro Product key

i lost my windows 2000 pro product key can anyone tell me
how i can install or find a new key
7 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 product

    If you have proof of purchase, and it was a retail copy, call Microsoft. If
    it was an OEM/bundled copy, try the hardware manufacturer.

    todd wrote:
    > i lost my windows 2000 pro product key can anyone tell me
    > how i can install or find a new key

    ....don't know why my original reply hasn't shown up, but to recap - if you
    didn't buy it and get a copy of the license, you weren't using a legal copy.
    You'll need to buy it (or might's well go get XP at this point).

    todd wrote:
> [...]

    Bobby

    Go to http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php browse to downloads
    and get this tool. When you run the application, under the
    operating system description it will give you your Product
    Key.

    This tool is free, and it is a FANTASTIC utility everyone
    should have.

    Regards
    Paul

    Yes, or KeyFinder from www.magicaljellybean.com - does the same thing.
    Note however that a) this requires that the existing installation is still
    bootable, and b) sounds like the OP was not using a legal licensed copy of
    Windows to begin with.

    pdbasham wrote:
    > Bobby
    >
    > Go to http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php browse to downloads
    > and get this tool. When you run the application, under the
    > operating system description it will give you your Product
    > Key.
    >
    > This tool is free, and it is a FANTASTIC utility everyone
    > should have.
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

    LanWench

    Unless the Professor gave him the original copy & licence?

    Regards
    Paul

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

    True. And uninstalled his/her own copy. :-)

    pbasham wrote:
    > LanWench
    >
    > Unless the Professor gave him the original copy & licence?
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows