Hi. I'm trying to complete my pokedex R/S but I need a Kingdra. My friend
told me you need a Seadra to hold a dragonscale while trading to make it
evolve. Well I know how to evolve a Seadra but I can't find a dragonscale.
Would anyone know where to find one? Thanks Glenn.

"Glenn T" <glenntno1@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi. I'm trying to complete my pokedex R/S but I need a Kingdra. My friend
> told me you need a Seadra to hold a dragonscale while trading to make it
> evolve. Well I know how to evolve a Seadra but I can't find a dragonscale.
> Would anyone know where to find one? Thanks Glenn.

Yeah, and you're not going to like it.

Bagons and Horseas sometimes hold them. Your task, therefore, is to get
your paws on a Pokémon that knows Thief, and spend a couple of superfun
hours...wandering around, stealing stuff from Horseas and Bagons. In my
experience, Bagon's your best bet for this task, since it's slightly more
common...as long as you can find the weird bit of cave in which it lives.

Covet does the same as Thief, but Linoone's Pick Up ability means it might
pick up an item and be unable to steal the Dragonscale. If you don't mind
checking Linoone after each battle, though, there's no problem.

--
Steffan

">
> Covet does the same as Thief, but Linoone's Pick Up ability means it might
> pick up an item and be unable to steal the Dragonscale. If you don't mind
> checking Linoone after each battle, though, there's no problem.

I thought you did not get to keep anything with thief that it was only for
the battle but covet lets you keep whatever you get....am I wrong here?

"Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Covet does the same as Thief, but Linoone's Pick Up ability means it
might
> > pick up an item and be unable to steal the Dragonscale. If you don't
mind
> > checking Linoone after each battle, though, there's no problem.
>
> I thought you did not get to keep anything with thief that it was only for
> the battle but covet lets you keep whatever you get....am I wrong here?

Yes, you're wrong. Both Thief and Covet allow you to keep items taken from
wild Pokémon.

Trainers' Pokémon items, on the other hand, you're never allowed to keep
(such as Battle Tower items).

--
Steffan

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Covet does the same as Thief, but Linoone's Pick Up ability means it
> might
> > > pick up an item and be unable to steal the Dragonscale. If you don't
> mind
> > > checking Linoone after each battle, though, there's no problem.
> >
> > I thought you did not get to keep anything with thief that it was only
for
> > the battle but covet lets you keep whatever you get....am I wrong here?
>
> Yes, you're wrong. Both Thief and Covet allow you to keep items taken
from
> wild Pokémon.
>
> Trainers' Pokémon items, on the other hand, you're never allowed to keep
> (such as Battle Tower items).

Cool, thanks

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<cd8gmu$3k8$1@sparta.btinternet.com>...
> "Glenn T" <glenntno1@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Covet does the same as Thief, but Linoone's Pick Up ability means it might
> pick up an item and be unable to steal the Dragonscale. If you don't mind
> checking Linoone after each battle, though, there's no problem.

Skitty can also learn Covet. Either that or I have something really
weird going on in my game...

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.

Thanks.....It took me half an hour if you would like to know to one....

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "Glenn T" <glenntno1@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Hi. I'm trying to complete my pokedex R/S but I need a Kingdra. My
friend
> > told me you need a Seadra to hold a dragonscale while trading to make it
> > evolve. Well I know how to evolve a Seadra but I can't find a
dragonscale.
> > Would anyone know where to find one? Thanks Glenn.
>
> Yeah, and you're not going to like it.
>
> Bagons and Horseas sometimes hold them. Your task, therefore, is to get
> your paws on a Pokémon that knows Thief, and spend a couple of superfun
> hours...wandering around, stealing stuff from Horseas and Bagons. In my
> experience, Bagon's your best bet for this task, since it's slightly more
> common...as long as you can find the weird bit of cave in which it lives.
>
> Covet does the same as Thief, but Linoone's Pick Up ability means it might
> pick up an item and be unable to steal the Dragonscale. If you don't mind
> checking Linoone after each battle, though, there's no problem.
>
> --
> Steffan

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Both Thief and Covet allow you to keep items taken from
> wild Pokémon.
>
> Trainers' Pokémon items, on the other hand, you're never allowed to keep
> (such as Battle Tower items).

But there are those Trainers who, during the 5th battle (or something) if
you take their item, you get to keep it. Nicolas the Dragon trainer I am
sure about (even though I haven't gotten it yet), one of the Fighters,
Brandon the bug trainer and some others.

I hope that confuses everyone ;)

daramark