Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Desktop icons get deleted from ALL accounts

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Desktop Icons
  • Windows XP
March 9, 2005 7:55:05 PM

Hello, I just installed XP Pro. I have 3 accounts, 2 with admin access
and my guest account. I have no passwords because I am the only user.
My question is...when I deleted a desktop icon from one user account,
why does it get deleted from the others? Are't the desktop settings
supposed to be saved between users?

More about : desktop icons deleted accounts

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 12:58:20 AM

Hi,

Some are saved under the local user profile:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop

Others are stored in the folder common to everyone:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

If you delete one that is in the latter folder, it is removed for everyone.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone