Desktop icons get deleted from ALL accounts

Hello, I just installed XP Pro. I have 3 accounts, 2 with admin access
and my guest account. I have no passwords because I am the only user.
My question is...when I deleted a desktop icon from one user account,
why does it get deleted from the others? Are't the desktop settings
supposed to be saved between users?
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icons deleted accounts

    Hi,

    Some are saved under the local user profile:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop

    Others are stored in the folder common to everyone:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

    If you delete one that is in the latter folder, it is removed for everyone.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    <ricklnet@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hello, I just installed XP Pro. I have 3 accounts, 2 with admin access
    > and my guest account. I have no passwords because I am the only user.
    > My question is...when I deleted a desktop icon from one user account,
    > why does it get deleted from the others? Are't the desktop settings
    > supposed to be saved between users?

Desktops Desktop Icons Windows XP