When setting Win2k up "the error code is 2" come on the sc..

I am trying to install Win2k on a new harddrive of mine
but i am getting this error when the information is being
copied fromm the CD to the harddrive.

I use the bootable CD to start the proccess. I have
checked the connections on the Mother boad and am sure it
is all hooked up correctly. Any ideas out there???

Thanks, Timmay

Check firmware on drive and controller and BIOS updates, check your media
(clean, make sure w2k cd isn't scratched). At what point is the error
coming up?

Daniel

Daniel Chang
Server Setup Team

Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
more timely response. Thank you!
This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

: