WTF .... Look at this s**t .. lol

MeLT

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
So I went to BB a few hours ago to buy a Visiontek x1950 pro xge agp card and this is the s**t i that i get in the box instead ... lol .... DUAL DVI... NOPE ... COMPONENT HDTV ADAPTER .... NOPE ....... this shi**y card that doesnt look like is worth $20 .... man are they going to hear it from me tomorrow. :lol:

29mnbzb.jpg

42ut5i1.jpg

2dt88w0.jpg

2nqcftz.jpg

Ranman68k

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Never buy an opened or returned box without a thorough inspection first.

Be prepared... It is going to be your word against their word. I hope you get your money back.

MeLT

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
It wasn't open box .......... it was plastic wrapped and in perfect condition .... what i did find a little wierd was that there was another x1950pro next to it that weighed a little more ... i thought about taking that one but the box was all beat up and when i shook it the contents inside were all loose.

Ranman68k

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
It wasn't open box .......... it was plastic wrapped and in perfect condition .... what i did find a little wierd was that there was another x1950pro next to it that weighed a little more ... i thought about taking that one but the box was all beat up and when i shook it the contents inside were all loose.

Well... I have heard it is not impossible for people to get their hands on a shrink wrap tool. Very likely that someone purchased that card, took it home, swapped it out, re-shrink wrapped it, and took it back for a full refund.

You were one very unlucky dude.

Still... Be ready to fight for your money back. They may think that you are trying to pull a fast one on them. I do not envy your situation.

Keep us updated on how Best Buy handles this.

TKolb13

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
As someone who checks returned Items for BB I can say that BB would NEVER put Video cards back on the shelf All video cards they are Divo Or Return to Vendor...

Its Visiontechs fault unless it was re shrinked before returned.

MeLT

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
8O It's a Radeon 9250 ...... damnit guys ... i thought it was funny at first, but after your comments im actually a little worried about BB not refunding me my $$.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
LOL, someone bought the card....put the new one into there system....took off the x1950xt sticker and put it on the backside of the old card after they cleaned it.

From what I can see after doing some really quick research is that it looks like a r200 chipset series card, most likely a Radeon 9000 or a 9200 series card with 64mb of memory. The good news is that you paid for an AGP card and you got the AGP version and not the PCI version :p .

It looks kinda like this one for example.

It wasn't open box .......... it was plastic wrapped and in perfect condition

Plastic wrapped means nothing...I used to work at Circuit City and we had a thing behind the CSA desk in the back of the store that plastic wrapped thing's to look like brand new. Only we also had stickers we were required to put onto the package to let customers know it is an "Open box" product. If someone forgot to put the label on it at BB...then the joke is on you :p

L2BUY FROM NEWEGG

Best of luck trying to return it
~3lfk1ng

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
As someone who checks returned Items for BB I can say that BB would NEVER put Video cards back on the shelf All video cards they are Divo Or Return to Vendor...

Its Visiontechs fault unless it was re shrinked before returned.

Maybe not in your store, but with some of the things I have seen from BB and GSquad over the years, I personally wouldn't be surprised.

That definitely looks like a re-shrinked return job though.

OP, you should be able compare some of the markings besides the fake sticker on the card to those on the box to prove they don't match. Good luck returning it though, your chances might be slim. I hope you get the right card.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
LOL, I was right, damn I'm good :)

The x9250 is the only version of a Radeon that I could find that used the "Xtreme Technology" memory on the gfx card that how I started looking at the r200 series 8) .

If you want to return it....just take off the heatsink and show them the chipset... let them know that the x1950series of cards uses an r500 series chipset and that the one that your holding is a r200 series card. That's just one suggestion...

Another suggestion is to purchase the x1950 again at BB and open it at the front desk to show them the difference and explain the issue.

TKolb13

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
8O It's a Radeon 9250 ...... damnit guys ... i thought it was funny at first, but after your comments im actually a little worried about BB not refunding me my $$.

If you came to my BB I wouldnt give your $$ back but I would Definitly get you a new x1950 and open it in the store to make sure its right before you go home. Really sorry that happened to you thou. I really hope the store takes care of you.

And on a side note I have the AGP version of the 1950pro in my old system and it kicks ass...

Slappy

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
LOL, I work at BB. The ppl at customer service that handle returns don't know about such things. As for the fact that it was sealed, BB reseals stuff too. also, not all employees do things by the book; Any of you read a few of my other posts about my dead raptor? I found it resealed and back on the shelf the next day (of course upon seeing the defective drive right back on the shelf i took it off and made sure it would never see the light of day).

and for the record, even AFTER my employee discount, Newegg is STILL cheaper in most cases

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Well I would be surprised if you did get a refund. I've read about this happening a few times now at BB all over. It's one reason I haven't shopped there in about 5 years and don't plan to.

hcforde

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
See if you can find out if anyone returned that type of card first at that store(might be difficult but be creative) If so, then you may have a better leg to stand on to make your case.

Be careful because BB has been known to put innocent people in jail for complaining too loudly.

pauldh

Illustrious
Good luck pulling this off. I'd be surprised if they believe you and give you an exchange. Was the owner of the 9250 smart enough to remove the serial number? It would be funny if he registered the old card and then tried to pull this stunt with a traceable serial number. :wink: