Formatting windows xp (NTFS Format) installed, and install..

JJ

Hi

How can I format my pc with windows home xp installed
(NTFS file format) and installing windows 2000 afterwards?
I dont have hard disk partitions and I do not wish to
have any partitions once i installed windows 2000.
Thanks and best regards!
Jj

jj wrote:
> *Hi
>
> How can I format my pc with windows home xp installed
> (NTFS file format) and installing windows 2000 afterwards?
> I dont have hard disk partitions and I do not wish to
> have any partitions once i installed windows 2000.
> Thanks and best regards!
> Jj *

Jj,
You obviously have not done this before. Windows can only be installed
on a formatted drive and you can only format a partitioned drive. What
you have is one drive with one large partition. If I may, why do you
wish to install an older OS? It can be done, you just have to
completely wipe the hard drive in order for the older setup to run.

--
Crash Override

jj

Just boot from your Win2000 CD and start a new installation. When asked
where to install Win2000 you will see a screen with your current partition.
This screen allows you to delete your current partition, and - in the next
step - create and format a new partition.

Best regards

Bjorn