Formatting windows xp (NTFS Format) installed, and install..

Hi

How can I format my pc with windows home xp installed
(NTFS file format) and installing windows 2000 afterwards?
I dont have hard disk partitions and I do not wish to
have any partitions once i installed windows 2000.
Thanks and best regards!
Jj
2 answers Last reply
More about formatting windows ntfs format installed install

    jj wrote:
    > *Hi
    >
    > How can I format my pc with windows home xp installed
    > (NTFS file format) and installing windows 2000 afterwards?
    > I dont have hard disk partitions and I do not wish to
    > have any partitions once i installed windows 2000.
    > Thanks and best regards!
    > Jj *

    Jj,
    You obviously have not done this before. Windows can only be installed
    on a formatted drive and you can only format a partitioned drive. What
    you have is one drive with one large partition. If I may, why do you
    wish to install an older OS? It can be done, you just have to
    completely wipe the hard drive in order for the older setup to run.

    --
    Crash Override

    jj

    Just boot from your Win2000 CD and start a new installation. When asked
    where to install Win2000 you will see a screen with your current partition.
    This screen allows you to delete your current partition, and - in the next
    step - create and format a new partition.

    Best regards

    Bjorn

    "jj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >How can I format my pc with windows home xp installed
    >(NTFS file format) and installing windows 2000 afterwards?
    >I dont have hard disk partitions and I do not wish to
    >have any partitions once i installed windows 2000.
    >Thanks and best regards!
    >Jj

Windows XP NTFS Windows 2000 Format Windows