ATT Waving Early Termination Fees ?

I'm half way through a 2 year contract started when I got my ATT Motorola
V600. Today I stopped in a Cingular store just to window shop for the MPX220
and the salesperson said that ATT is waiving the early termination fees for
new Cingular contracts. If this is so, I might go for the 220 earlier than
planned. Was he correct?

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply
7 answers Last reply

    "Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message
    > I'm half way through a 2 year contract started when I got my ATT Motorola
    > V600. Today I stopped in a Cingular store just to window shop for the
    MPX220
    > and the salesperson said that ATT is waiving the early termination fees
    for
    > new Cingular contracts. If this is so, I might go for the 220 earlier than
    > planned. Was he correct?
    >
    > --
    > Remove NOSPAM to reply

    Yes, they are migrating ATT customers over to Cingular for just the $18
    upgrade fee. Whatever phone deals they have in the store for new customers
    you can take advantage of as well. I upgraded a few weeks ago.

    Remove NOSPAM to reply
    "alex d" <redbrd19@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message
    > > I'm half way through a 2 year contract started when I got my ATT
    Motorola
    > > V600. Today I stopped in a Cingular store just to window shop for the
    > MPX220
    > > and the salesperson said that ATT is waiving the early termination fees
    > for
    > > new Cingular contracts. If this is so, I might go for the 220 earlier
    than
    > > planned. Was he correct?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Remove NOSPAM to reply
    > >

    > Yes, they are migrating ATT customers over to Cingular for just the $18
    > upgrade fee. Whatever phone deals they have in the store for new customers
    > you can take advantage of as well. I upgraded a few weeks ago.

    Thanks for the info.

    Id NEVER leave ATT without my free 7PM evenings

    > --
    > Remove NOSPAM to reply
    > "alex d" <redbrd19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message
    > > > I'm half way through a 2 year contract started when I got my ATT
    > Motorola
    > > > V600. Today I stopped in a Cingular store just to window shop for the
    > > MPX220
    > > > and the salesperson said that ATT is waiving the early termination
    fees
    > > for
    > > > new Cingular contracts. If this is so, I might go for the 220 earlier
    > than
    > > > planned. Was he correct?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Remove NOSPAM to reply
    > > >

    > > Yes, they are migrating ATT customers over to Cingular for just the $18
    > > upgrade fee. Whatever phone deals they have in the store for new
    customers
    > > you can take advantage of as well. I upgraded a few weeks ago.
    > >

    > Thanks for the info.

    Keep in mind you will lose all bonuses currently on your plan - if any.

    Mark

    "Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message

    > --
    > Remove NOSPAM to reply
    > "alex d" <redbrd19@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ric Kaysen" <rdkaysen@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message
    >> > I'm half way through a 2 year contract started when I got my ATT
    > Motorola
    >> > V600. Today I stopped in a Cingular store just to window shop for the
    >> MPX220
    >> > and the salesperson said that ATT is waiving the early termination fees
    >> for
    >> > new Cingular contracts. If this is so, I might go for the 220 earlier
    > than
    >> > planned. Was he correct?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Remove NOSPAM to reply
    >> >

    >> Yes, they are migrating ATT customers over to Cingular for just the $18
    >> upgrade fee. Whatever phone deals they have in the store for new
    >> customers
    >> you can take advantage of as well. I upgraded a few weeks ago.
    >>

    > Thanks for the info.

    Remove NOSPAM to reply
    "Mark Pfeifer" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > Keep in mind you will lose all bonuses currently on your plan - if any.
    >
    > Mark

    I guess I'm old school as far as cellular usage goes. Back in the day,
    conversations had to be seldom and short because costs were so high. I've
    never gotten used to being able to yack for hours and I consistently use
    only a small fraction of my allotted minutes. I guess a low end plan with
    rollover minutes would be more than I could use. I'm more interested in the
    new phone (MPX). Unlimited nights and weekends are fine if you use them.
    Weeknights, I'm not talking on my cell and on weekends I'm out having too
    much fun to think about it.

    In <szKxd.12028$e33.1286@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:02:14
    -0600, "Larry" <ppcdoc@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Id NEVER leave ATT without my free 7PM evenings

    7PM Evenings are available on Cingular for $7/mo extra.

    alex d Wrote:

    > Yes, they are migrating ATT customers over to Cingular for just the
    > $18
    > upgrade fee. Whatever phone deals they have in the store for new
    > customers
    > you can take advantage of as well. I upgraded a few weeks ago.
    So how would say, Amazon.com see me. If I am an AT&T TDMA customer,
    could I get a phone and GSM contract from Amazon with the new customer
    discounts (V551 is free after a $150 rebate w/ a one year contract)?

    Thanks

    Joe

    --
    Smilin Joe

Cingular At&T Internet Service Providers