Error 1722

Hi all,
Tried to use Sports Flash as Supplied by Yahoo.com, It asks to install Java
Script 5.1 so it downloads the file and then tries to install it only to come
up with the error when it is nearly finished, and of course it rolls back
because it didn't instal the Java
Script.
Error reads:- Error 1722
problem with this windows Installer Package.

Can anyone help
4 answers Last reply
More about error 1722

    "Terrytb" <Terrytb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Tried to use Sports Flash as Supplied by Yahoo.com, It asks to install Java
    >Script 5.1 so it downloads the file and then tries to install it only to come
    >up with the error when it is nearly finished, and of course it rolls back
    >because it didn't instal the Java
    >Script.
    >Error reads:- Error 1722
    >problem with this windows Installer Package.
    >
    >Can anyone help

    That error is usually associated with a problem related to whatever
    program you are trying to install. As your product came from Yahoo
    you should try contacting their technical support for assistance with
    this.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    "In memory of a dear friend Alex Nichol MVP"

    Error 1722: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package . . . "
    This problem can be caused if the Wintrust.dll file is not registered correctly.
    Follow these steps to register the file.

    To register Wintrust.dll

    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Type the following and press Enter:
    3. Regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    4. Click OK at the next prompt.

    "Taurarian" wrote:

    > Error 1722: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package . . . "
    > This problem can be caused if the Wintrust.dll file is not registered correctly.
    > Follow these steps to register the file.
    >
    > To register Wintrust.dll
    >
    > 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    > 2. Type the following and press Enter:
    > 3. Regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    > 4. Click OK at the next prompt.

    Hi Tuararin,

    Thanks but still got the same error, Will try and contact Sun and see is
    they know why. Also I didn't mention that I am using XP Pro sp 2. and Mozilla
    as my Internet explorer

    Hi Taurarian & All.

    Happened onto Microsoft site about Windows Installers and there was one for
    XP SP2, Installed it and it cured the problem.
    Thanks to all for your input

    Regards
    Terrytb

    "Terrytb" wrote:

    > "Taurarian" wrote:
    >
    > > Error 1722: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package . . . "
    > > This problem can be caused if the Wintrust.dll file is not registered correctly.
    > > Follow these steps to register the file.
    > >
    > > To register Wintrust.dll
    > >
    > > 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    > > 2. Type the following and press Enter:
    > > 3. Regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    > > 4. Click OK at the next prompt.
    >

    > Hi Tuararin,
    >
    > Thanks but still got the same error, Will try and contact Sun and see is
    > they know why. Also I didn't mention that I am using XP Pro sp 2. and Mozilla
    > as my Internet explorer

Windows Installer Java Microsoft Windows XP