Switches to open the filesystem Explorer in a specific sub..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000,general (More info?)

Could someone please tell me what the switches are to persuade the
filesystem Explorer to open up on some subtree I choose rather than
the @#$%! 'My Documents' one? I used to know, but have forgotten.

Also: if there's some place publicly accessible where these switches
are documented, could you include a pointer to that?

Many thanks! It's incredible that something this basic isn't
apparently documented within the distribution.

Margaret
--
(To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first.
Apologies for the inconvenience.)

Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read
%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,D:\
Where D:\ is the drive and or directory you wish to expand.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Margaret MacDonald" wrote:
| Could someone please tell me what the switches are to persuade the
| filesystem Explorer to open up on some subtree I choose rather than
| the @#$%! 'My Documents' one? I used to know, but have forgotten.
|
| Also: if there's some place publicly accessible where these switches
| are documented, could you include a pointer to that?
|
| Many thanks! It's incredible that something this basic isn't
| apparently documented within the distribution.
|
| Margaret
| --
| (To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first.
| Apologies for the inconvenience.)

overlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000,general (More info?)

Mine opens to the C:\ but I don't recall how. Lemme look......
Doesn't take /? or /C....... "explorer C:" opens Win explorer in the root
of the C drive. Perhaps you can modify the switches.
I did this in a prompt window and it opened explorer in a windows window.
Ran thru regedit briefly and found Shell/Open/Command
with a key of "explorer.exe %1" for the parameter. Perhaps you can
modify that to explore.exe C:
Wouldn't swear that is where to globally modify it tho.

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:55:38 GMT, Margaret MacDonald <scratch65536@att.not.invalid> wrote:

>Could someone please tell me what the switches are to persuade the
>filesystem Explorer to open up on some subtree I choose rather than
>the @#$%! 'My Documents' one? I used to know, but have forgotten.
>
>Also: if there's some place publicly accessible where these switches
>are documented, could you include a pointer to that?
>
>Many thanks! It's incredible that something this basic isn't
>apparently documented within the distribution.
>
>Margaret
>--
>(To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first.
>Apologies for the inconvenience.)
~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
postmaster@[127.0.0.1]
uce@ftc.gov
~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.

Many thanks, Dave. That certainly did the job.

Margaret

Dave Patrick wrote:

>Edit the shortcut's "Target" to read
>%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,D:\
>Where D:\ is the drive and or directory you wish to expand.

--
(To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first.
Apologies for the inconvenience.)

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.