Closed

SP1 for PPC2000

May 23, 2005 7:53:43 PM

Okay, I give up. I've been all over the Windows Mobile part of Microsoft's
web site and I can't find the original Service Pack for Pocket PC 2000
anywhere in any download section. Anybody know offhand where to find this?
Help is appreciated, suggestions about upgrading to a new device will be
cheerfully acknowledged and dismissed. Thanks.

-KKC, hanging on to his MIPS devices like they're going out of style. Oh,
wait a minute....
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

More about : sp1 ppc2000

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 10:26:08 AM

kendrick@eris.io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote:

>Okay, I give up. I've been all over the Windows Mobile part of Microsoft's
>web site and I can't find the original Service Pack for Pocket PC 2000
>anywhere in any download section. Anybody know offhand where to find this?
>Help is appreciated, suggestions about upgrading to a new device will be
>cheerfully acknowledged and dismissed. Thanks.
>
>-KKC, hanging on to his MIPS devices like they're going out of style. Oh,
>wait a minute....

Try -
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/b/2/4b28c296-a...

I don't know what has happened to the download page either.
May 24, 2005 10:42:26 AM

In article <mp369117jj5ftenlppe2g5ck8oui6s2hbp@4ax.com>,
Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices <spamfree-silvernino@hotmail.spambegone.com> wrote:
>kendrick@eris.io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote:
>
>>Okay, I give up. I've been all over the Windows Mobile part of Microsoft's
>>web site and I can't find the original Service Pack for Pocket PC 2000
>>anywhere in any download section. Anybody know offhand where to find this?
>>Help is appreciated, suggestions about upgrading to a new device will be
>>cheerfully acknowledged and dismissed. Thanks.
>>
>Try -
>http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/b/2/4b28c296-a...
>
>I don't know what has happened to the download page either.

Gracias, Ed. That did the trick. Now all I need to do is write the
registry hack that fools web servers into thinking I'm running IE 5.5 and
my old Jornada is good for web browsing. Thanks.

-KKC, who wonders what kind of world he lives in where a high-end Dell
Pocket PC costs $650 and a low-end Dell server costs $350...
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |
defend human freedom against al-Qaeda, a ruthless | Please don't use
terrorist organization determined to rule the world! | eBay. Ask me why.
Related resources
July 23, 2012 11:25:04 PM

Does anyone know how I can fix the activeX date time picker on my PocketPC 6.5?
February 23, 2013 4:11:10 AM

Old thread that will now be closed.
!