Card Game anyone?

Just wondering if anyone plays the card game? After I got a few cards
through promos and stuff I decided to go out and grab a base deck and try it
out. It's really kind of fun but pretty simple...or so it seems so far
though I do have a couple questions.

My questions for the card game are:

If your pokemon is put to sleep - the attack ending your opponent's turn,
since you flip a coin to see if it wakes up after every player's turn - Do
you immediately flip a coin to see if he wakes up before starting your turn
or do you wait til after your first turn?

Also, since you can evolve as many pokes as you want each turn before you
attack - what does a rare candy trainer card allow...doesn't seem to do
anything you can't do without it.

To anyone considering trying the card game - it's a great way to play
pokemon with someone rather than you each interacting with only the GBA...

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Raph wrote:
> My questions for the card game are:
>
> If your pokemon is put to sleep - the attack ending your opponent's turn,
> since you flip a coin to see if it wakes up after every player's turn - Do
> you immediately flip a coin to see if he wakes up before starting your
> turn or do you wait til after your first turn?

Nope. Right at the end of the turn your 'mon was put to sleep.

> Also, since you can evolve as many pokes as you want each turn before you
> attack - what does a rare candy trainer card allow...doesn't seem to do
> anything you can't do without it.

No idea. Only familiar with the first few sets (the ones in the TCG game
for the GameBoy Color). Perhaps it allows you to evolve a 'mon a second
time in a turn? IIRC, you can only evolve a 'mon once each turn - so
perhaps it allows you to have evolve a Bulbasaur to Ivysaur and then
immediately to Venusaur without having to wait for your next turn....

"Raph" <raph1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<LbQKc.75092$bp1.20617@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> Also, since you can evolve as many pokes as you want each turn before you
> attack - what does a rare candy trainer card allow...doesn't seem to do
> anything you can't do without it.

Hmm... Don't have that card myself (well, I don't have any cards at
all anymore, but my brother does and that one isn't part of his
collection). What's the text?

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.

> > Also, since you can evolve as many pokes as you want each turn before
you
> > attack - what does a rare candy trainer card allow...doesn't seem to do
> > anything you can't do without it.

if you are talking about the attual card, not the gba game, then you are
only allowed to evolve once during you turn. the rare candy trainer allows
you to evolve twice.