admin's user profile not found on logon

Hello all

I am the sole user and administrator on a one-person Win2K computer.

Today when I logged on (ctrl+alt+del and password),
I got a timed message saying my user profile could not be found
and that I would be logged on as default user instead.
This seems to have disabled my access to the start - programs button.

Can anyone suggest how I restore my profile with full administrator rights
?

Best regards from Ray

Hello again

If anyone is interested
I managed - more by luck than know-how -
to fix this by clicking on a few shell-folder registry exports
I made a few months ago.
One of them seems to have solved the problem.
But I'm no wiser.

Ray