dcpromo problem

norm

I'm configuring a stand alone server. I had made it a domain and then ran
dcpromo to make it stand alone.

Now when I try to configure it as stand alone it tells me that since there
may be other servers on the network it can't.

The thing is I'm not even connected to a network so there really aren't any
other servers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Norm

Did you check the option "Remove Active Directory" when you ran dcpromo?
See this MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238369

Best regards

Bjorn