some more colossuem questions

OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower is
said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball on it
or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?

I used the Time Flute on Raikou, but decided to battle with Entei and
Suicune and gradually open their hearts. How many more strong Pokémon are
there that take longer to open their hearts because I don't want to waste
the flute on easier Pokémon?

In Phenac City (the first one in case I spelt it wrong) I battled numerous
times at the Battle area. I kept getting TMs, but on my last plays I don't
think I got anything. This means I got all I could out of that place, right?
I'm working on Pyryte Town's battle area now and I assume the same thing
would apply there.

Last question for now is about the Colosseum tower again. I'm at the top
level where there is a big crowd and tried battling and snagging the
Pokemon, but I quit when I knocked one out and had quite a few of my own
fainted. How many Pokemon trainers do I have to battle before the big boss
and will I get a chance to heal before hand? If there are any Pokémon that I
have to look out for to make sure they're specifically female, this area
seems a lot more annoying because if one is not what I want I'd need to
restart (assuming there are more than two trainers). Thankfully for the two
I did meet, it did not matter.

That's all for now. TIA.
--

The End.
13 answers Last reply

    "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower is
    > said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball on
    it
    > or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?

    Save it for Tyranitar. Don't use it on Metagross.

    > I used the Time Flute on Raikou, but decided to battle with Entei and
    > Suicune and gradually open their hearts. How many more strong Pokémon are
    > there that take longer to open their hearts because I don't want to waste
    > the flute on easier Pokémon?

    Tyranitar's a toughie to undarken, as is Metagross. Personally, I Time
    Fluted Metagross and one of the dogs. I never found the Time Flute, and by
    the time all I needed to do in the game was purify everything, I only had
    stragglers like Togetic and Skarmory left anyway.

    > In Phenac City (the first one in case I spelt it wrong) I battled numerous
    > times at the Battle area. I kept getting TMs, but on my last plays I don't
    > think I got anything. This means I got all I could out of that place,
    right?

    Yes. You can get four TMs from each Colosseum, but after that, the place
    "resets" and you just play the same four rounds over and over, getting only
    money.

    The Deep Colosseum has five trainers, but that's the only difference.

    > I'm working on Pyryte Town's battle area now and I assume the same thing
    > would apply there.

    Yep. Four TMs per Colosseum makes twenty Colosseum TMs in all.

    > Last question for now is about the Colosseum tower again. I'm at the top
    > level where there is a big crowd and tried battling and snagging the
    > Pokemon, but I quit when I knocked one out and had quite a few of my own
    > fainted. How many Pokemon trainers do I have to battle before the big boss
    > and will I get a chance to heal before hand?

    You fight the first four without healing. Then you fight a fifth, and you
    get to heal beforehand. You then fight a sixth after healing yet again.

    I recommend you get your entire team to :L60 or above if you have the
    patience. The last one's a toughie.

    > If there are any Pokémon that I
    > have to look out for to make sure they're specifically female, this area
    > seems a lot more annoying because if one is not what I want I'd need to
    > restart (assuming there are more than two trainers). Thankfully for the
    two
    > I did meet, it did not matter.

    Only Houndoom and Tyranitar matter. The other four are either RS Pokémon
    (Absol, Tropius, Metagross) or are always female (Miltank).

    --
    Steffan

    "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<cdm19j$al0$1@hercules.btinternet.com>...
    > "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower is
    > > said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball on
    > > it or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?
    >
    > Save it for Tyranitar. Don't use it on Metagross.

    Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
    Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
    make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
    higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.

    -- White Cat

    "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
    > Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
    > make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
    > higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.

    That said, Tyranitar is a tougher opponent, and taking him out in one move
    (with the Master Ball) makes the team decidedly easier to defeat. Also,
    since Tyranitar isn't available in GSC, he's generally a more deirable
    Pokémon than Metagross.

    I wasn't aware of Metagross's catch rate, so the above are my reasons for
    suggesting using it on Tyranitar. Chriz can now come to his own decision.
    :-)

    --
    Steffan

    "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
    > > "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower
    is
    > > > said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball
    on
    > > > it or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?
    > >
    > > Save it for Tyranitar. Don't use it on Metagross.
    >
    > Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
    > Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
    > make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
    > higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.
    >
    > -- White Cat

    How do you know these hexadecimal values?

    I've had a brief look at Colosseum (no doubt I will take over from my son
    again) and have a couple of other questions -

    1. Is battling, then purifying, the only way to get Pokemon in the game (ie
    no long grass?)?

    2. Regarding the link to GBA R/S, do both Colosseum and R or S have to be
    completed to get numbers 201 & 202 (Jirachi & Deoxys from memory)?

    "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
    > How do you know these hexadecimal values?

    Those are actually available online, if you take a look.

    Which reminds me - White Cat, I've been unable to find your site for a while
    now. What is up?

    > 1. Is battling, then purifying, the only way to get Pokemon in the game
    (ie
    > no long grass?)?

    Yep, no more grass. You can catch a finite amount of Pokémon only.

    You will, of course, be able to trade different Pokémon from RS once you've
    completed the game.

    > 2. Regarding the link to GBA R/S, do both Colosseum and R or S have to be
    > completed to get numbers 201 & 202 (Jirachi & Deoxys from memory)?

    No, you can get both Jirachi and Deoxys at any time...but easier said than
    done. Jirachi's a giveaway Pokémon, coming with various bonus disks, and
    Deoxys will come with FL.

    --
    Steffan

    Steffan Alun wrote:
    > "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    > > How do you know these hexadecimal values?

    I did a ROM dump from Ruby/Sapphire. I ass/u/me they're the same in
    Colosseum.

    > Which reminds me - White Cat, I've been unable to find your site for a while
    > now. What is up?

    http://pokedex.kary.ca/

    It's actually been there since last November.

    Oh, and for the guy who was wondering about catching Shadow Pokemon that
    he missed the first time:

    http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/2ndpokemon.shtml

    -- White Cat

    Once upon a time Steffan Alun decided to write:

    > "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
    >> Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
    >> make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
    >> higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.
    >
    > That said, Tyranitar is a tougher opponent, and taking him out in one
    > move (with the Master Ball) makes the team decidedly easier to
    > defeat. Also, since Tyranitar isn't available in GSC, he's generally
    > a more deirable Pokémon than Metagross.
    >
    > I wasn't aware of Metagross's catch rate, so the above are my reasons
    > for suggesting using it on Tyranitar. Chriz can now come to his own
    > decision. :-)

    Thanks for the advise people. One other question I want to ask is, can I get
    a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row battles
    before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out. Thing is, I
    find it difficult to catch Absol and Houndoom without them knocking
    themselves out. I've reset quite a few times, but have quit for now. I've
    considered going on without Absol if it knocks itself out because it's in
    RS, but I don't know if I'll get another chance to catch it and if I'll be
    able to get Ho-oh without catching it.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    >One other question I want to ask is, can I get
    >a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row battles
    >before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out.

    Oh sure. Just repeat the series again as many times as you have to (and try to
    get a female Houndoom if you can).

    William Rendfeld
    Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
    178,000 Excellent Author Points
    1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
    20 Y2Tech Points
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Once upon a time William Rendfeld decided to write:

    >> One other question I want to ask is, can I get
    >> a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row
    >> battles before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out.
    >
    > Oh sure. Just repeat the series again as many times as you have to
    > (and try to get a female Houndoom if you can).

    So you're saying if I play on and save later I will be able to battle all
    these people all over again if I go back to the Colosseum? That's good news.

    --

    The End.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > > Which reminds me - White Cat, I've been unable to find your site for a
    while
    > > now. What is up?
    >
    > http://pokedex.kary.ca/
    >
    > It's actually been there since last November.

    Hmm, it's not been that long. Has it been down at all? I just tried
    Googling it and couldn't find it, so it may be my poor choice of keywords.

    --
    Steffan
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > >> One other question I want to ask is, can I get
    > >> a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row
    > >> battles before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out.
    > >
    > > Oh sure. Just repeat the series again as many times as you have to
    > > (and try to get a female Houndoom if you can).
    >
    > So you're saying if I play on and save later I will be able to battle all
    > these people all over again if I go back to the Colosseum? That's good
    news.

    Like the Elite Four of the GameBoy games, you can fight the Sinister Six
    over and over. If you Snag one of their Pokémon, it'll be replaced by a
    vaguely similar Pokémon. I'd already snagged four of the six - Tyranitar
    included - before I actually trained to defeat them all.

    It's worth noting that you have an infinite amount of chances at all Snags
    in the game - it's just a case of finding where each trainer is. Most of
    them stay in the same place, but many of them move elsewhere.

    --
    Steffan
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Steffan Alun wrote:
    > Hmm, it's not been that long. Has it been down at all? I just tried
    > Googling it and couldn't find it, so it may be my poor choice of keywords.

    I first put the site up in March 2003 on VirtualAve (although the GSC
    Pokedex dates back to September 2000). I moved it to its current URL in
    November 2003, and made the old URL point to the new one. VirtualAve
    cut off the old URL in January 2004. I'm not aware of any extended
    downtime for my domain since I set it up.

    My site comes up near the top of the results for these Google queries:
    - catch mew
    - white cat pokedex
    - comprehensive pokedex
    - p-files

    -- White Cat
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > My site comes up near the top of the results for these Google queries:
    > - catch mew
    > - white cat pokedex
    > - comprehensive pokedex
    > - p-files

    I'd been trying "white cat dex" and variants.

    That said, even trying some of the others, I probably wouldn't have looked
    at the summary and thought "ah, yes - THAT's White Cat's", so I shall blame
    it all on my poor skim-reading skills.

    --
    Steffan

Nintendo Video Games