Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

some more colossuem questions

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:36:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower is
said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball on it
or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?

I used the Time Flute on Raikou, but decided to battle with Entei and
Suicune and gradually open their hearts. How many more strong Pokémon are
there that take longer to open their hearts because I don't want to waste
the flute on easier Pokémon?

In Phenac City (the first one in case I spelt it wrong) I battled numerous
times at the Battle area. I kept getting TMs, but on my last plays I don't
think I got anything. This means I got all I could out of that place, right?
I'm working on Pyryte Town's battle area now and I assume the same thing
would apply there.

Last question for now is about the Colosseum tower again. I'm at the top
level where there is a big crowd and tried battling and snagging the
Pokemon, but I quit when I knocked one out and had quite a few of my own
fainted. How many Pokemon trainers do I have to battle before the big boss
and will I get a chance to heal before hand? If there are any Pokémon that I
have to look out for to make sure they're specifically female, this area
seems a lot more annoying because if one is not what I want I'd need to
restart (assuming there are more than two trainers). Thankfully for the two
I did meet, it did not matter.

That's all for now. TIA.
--

The End.

More about : colossuem questions

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 7:14:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2m634jFj9dfpU1@uni-berlin.de...
> OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower is
> said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball on
it
> or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?

Save it for Tyranitar. Don't use it on Metagross.

> I used the Time Flute on Raikou, but decided to battle with Entei and
> Suicune and gradually open their hearts. How many more strong Pokémon are
> there that take longer to open their hearts because I don't want to waste
> the flute on easier Pokémon?

Tyranitar's a toughie to undarken, as is Metagross. Personally, I Time
Fluted Metagross and one of the dogs. I never found the Time Flute, and by
the time all I needed to do in the game was purify everything, I only had
stragglers like Togetic and Skarmory left anyway.

> In Phenac City (the first one in case I spelt it wrong) I battled numerous
> times at the Battle area. I kept getting TMs, but on my last plays I don't
> think I got anything. This means I got all I could out of that place,
right?

Yes. You can get four TMs from each Colosseum, but after that, the place
"resets" and you just play the same four rounds over and over, getting only
money.

The Deep Colosseum has five trainers, but that's the only difference.

> I'm working on Pyryte Town's battle area now and I assume the same thing
> would apply there.

Yep. Four TMs per Colosseum makes twenty Colosseum TMs in all.

> Last question for now is about the Colosseum tower again. I'm at the top
> level where there is a big crowd and tried battling and snagging the
> Pokemon, but I quit when I knocked one out and had quite a few of my own
> fainted. How many Pokemon trainers do I have to battle before the big boss
> and will I get a chance to heal before hand?

You fight the first four without healing. Then you fight a fifth, and you
get to heal beforehand. You then fight a sixth after healing yet again.

I recommend you get your entire team to :L60 or above if you have the
patience. The last one's a toughie.

> If there are any Pokémon that I
> have to look out for to make sure they're specifically female, this area
> seems a lot more annoying because if one is not what I want I'd need to
> restart (assuming there are more than two trainers). Thankfully for the
two
> I did meet, it did not matter.

Only Houndoom and Tyranitar matter. The other four are either RS Pokémon
(Absol, Tropius, Metagross) or are always female (Miltank).

--
Steffan
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 7:54:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<cdm19j$al0$1@hercules.btinternet.com>...
> "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:2m634jFj9dfpU1@uni-berlin.de...
> > OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower is
> > said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball on
> > it or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?
>
> Save it for Tyranitar. Don't use it on Metagross.

Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.

-- White Cat
Related resources
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:23:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1cc6ab3b.0407230254.2841efab@posting.google.com...
> Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
> Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
> make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
> higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.

That said, Tyranitar is a tougher opponent, and taking him out in one move
(with the Master Ball) makes the team decidedly easier to defeat. Also,
since Tyranitar isn't available in GSC, he's generally a more deirable
Pokémon than Metagross.

I wasn't aware of Metagross's catch rate, so the above are my reasons for
suggesting using it on Tyranitar. Chriz can now come to his own decision.
:-)

--
Steffan
July 24, 2004 3:30:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1cc6ab3b.0407230254.2841efab@posting.google.com...
> "Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:<cdm19j$al0$1@hercules.btinternet.com>...
> > "Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:2m634jFj9dfpU1@uni-berlin.de...
> > > OK I got the masterball. The leader at the top of the Colosseum tower
is
> > > said to have a very powerful Pokemon. Is it worth using the masterball
on
> > > it or is there going to be a stronger/better Pokémon to use it on?
> >
> > Save it for Tyranitar. Don't use it on Metagross.
>
> Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
> Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
> make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
> higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.
>
> -- White Cat


How do you know these hexadecimal values?

I've had a brief look at Colosseum (no doubt I will take over from my son
again) and have a couple of other questions -

1. Is battling, then purifying, the only way to get Pokemon in the game (ie
no long grass?)?

2. Regarding the link to GBA R/S, do both Colosseum and R or S have to be
completed to get numbers 201 & 202 (Jirachi & Deoxys from memory)?
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:15:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
news:41011344$0$26896$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> How do you know these hexadecimal values?

Those are actually available online, if you take a look.

Which reminds me - White Cat, I've been unable to find your site for a while
now. What is up?

> 1. Is battling, then purifying, the only way to get Pokemon in the game
(ie
> no long grass?)?

Yep, no more grass. You can catch a finite amount of Pokémon only.

You will, of course, be able to trade different Pokémon from RS once you've
completed the game.

> 2. Regarding the link to GBA R/S, do both Colosseum and R or S have to be
> completed to get numbers 201 & 202 (Jirachi & Deoxys from memory)?

No, you can get both Jirachi and Deoxys at any time...but easier said than
done. Jirachi's a giveaway Pokémon, coming with various bonus disks, and
Deoxys will come with FL.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 11:22:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Steffan Alun wrote:
> "QWERTY" <i@i.com.au> wrote in message
> news:41011344$0$26896$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>
> > How do you know these hexadecimal values?

I did a ROM dump from Ruby/Sapphire. I ass/u/me they're the same in
Colosseum.

> Which reminds me - White Cat, I've been unable to find your site for a while
> now. What is up?

http://pokedex.kary.ca/

It's actually been there since last November.

Oh, and for the guy who was wondering about catching Shadow Pokemon that
he missed the first time:

http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/2ndpokemon.shtml

-- White Cat
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:20:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Once upon a time Steffan Alun decided to write:

> "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1cc6ab3b.0407230254.2841efab@posting.google.com...
>> Actually, Metagross' hexadecimal "catch rate" is 03, the same as
>> Mewtwo/Rayquaza/etc. Tyranitar's is 2D (45 in decimal), which should
>> make it considerably easier to catch, even though it's five levels
>> higher. Use the Masterball on Metagross.
>
> That said, Tyranitar is a tougher opponent, and taking him out in one
> move (with the Master Ball) makes the team decidedly easier to
> defeat. Also, since Tyranitar isn't available in GSC, he's generally
> a more deirable Pokémon than Metagross.
>
> I wasn't aware of Metagross's catch rate, so the above are my reasons
> for suggesting using it on Tyranitar. Chriz can now come to his own
> decision. :-)

Thanks for the advise people. One other question I want to ask is, can I get
a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row battles
before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out. Thing is, I
find it difficult to catch Absol and Houndoom without them knocking
themselves out. I've reset quite a few times, but have quit for now. I've
considered going on without Absol if it knocks itself out because it's in
RS, but I don't know if I'll get another chance to catch it and if I'll be
able to get Ho-oh without catching it.
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 3:20:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

>One other question I want to ask is, can I get
>a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row battles
>before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out.

Oh sure. Just repeat the series again as many times as you have to (and try to
get a female Houndoom if you can).


William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 4:05:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Once upon a time William Rendfeld decided to write:

>> One other question I want to ask is, can I get
>> a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row
>> battles before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out.
>
> Oh sure. Just repeat the series again as many times as you have to
> (and try to get a female Houndoom if you can).

So you're saying if I play on and save later I will be able to battle all
these people all over again if I go back to the Colosseum? That's good news.

--

The End.
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 1:41:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ldJMc.49440$2i3.22545@clgrps12...
> > Which reminds me - White Cat, I've been unable to find your site for a
while
> > now. What is up?
>
> http://pokedex.kary.ca/
>
> It's actually been there since last November.

Hmm, it's not been that long. Has it been down at all? I just tried
Googling it and couldn't find it, so it may be my poor choice of keywords.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 1:47:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Chriz" <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2mgiqqFm5fe8U1@uni-berlin.de...
> >> One other question I want to ask is, can I get
> >> a chance to catch any of the Pokemon that are in the 4 in a row
> >> battles before Metagross and Tyranitar if I happen to knock them out.
> >
> > Oh sure. Just repeat the series again as many times as you have to
> > (and try to get a female Houndoom if you can).
>
> So you're saying if I play on and save later I will be able to battle all
> these people all over again if I go back to the Colosseum? That's good
news.

Like the Elite Four of the GameBoy games, you can fight the Sinister Six
over and over. If you Snag one of their Pokémon, it'll be replaced by a
vaguely similar Pokémon. I'd already snagged four of the six - Tyranitar
included - before I actually trained to defeat them all.

It's worth noting that you have an infinite amount of chances at all Snags
in the game - it's just a case of finding where each trainer is. Most of
them stay in the same place, but many of them move elsewhere.

--
Steffan
Anonymous
July 26, 2004 11:27:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Steffan Alun wrote:
> Hmm, it's not been that long. Has it been down at all? I just tried
> Googling it and couldn't find it, so it may be my poor choice of keywords.

I first put the site up in March 2003 on VirtualAve (although the GSC
Pokedex dates back to September 2000). I moved it to its current URL in
November 2003, and made the old URL point to the new one. VirtualAve
cut off the old URL in January 2004. I'm not aware of any extended
downtime for my domain since I set it up.

My site comes up near the top of the results for these Google queries:
- catch mew
- white cat pokedex
- comprehensive pokedex
- p-files

-- White Cat
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 3:50:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Sn2Nc.49825$2i3.48855@clgrps12...
> My site comes up near the top of the results for these Google queries:
> - catch mew
> - white cat pokedex
> - comprehensive pokedex
> - p-files

I'd been trying "white cat dex" and variants.

That said, even trying some of the others, I probably wouldn't have looked
at the summary and thought "ah, yes - THAT's White Cat's", so I shall blame
it all on my poor skim-reading skills.

--
Steffan
!