Video Expert - Help

MarkLeon

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I have an issue and it is very difficult to find an answer

Here is my hardware / setup:

I have a Plasma 42" TV, and an Media Projector
I also have a Reciever (which supports Video inputs)
I also have a MCE computer

Here is my question

Is there any GFX card which can send two signals, with 2 different resolutions at the same time ?

Thank you so much for your help!

Rgds,

Mark Leon

weilin

Distinguished
I believe most video cards support independent resolutions (unless you want both screens to display the same thing..) if you want to extend desktop to both screens any card would work. Just attach one to tv out and another to a vga out (or DVI). You may have to buy adaptors for this to work.

MarkLeon

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Thanks for your reply,

What we are trying to do is have both the Plasma and the Projector connected to the same Video card, and show the same picture - just different resolutions.

So basicly the only challenge is knowing if we can support 2 resolutions at the same type. Of course viewing both at the same time

Rgds,

Mark Leon

meljor

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
sure you can. my monitor is at 1280x1024 and my tv is way lower ofcourse but i can see my desktop also on tv (at 640x480 or someting like that).

any geforce and radeon can do it.

weilin

Distinguished
I dont know if it can be different resolutions for displaying the screen. I was never able to get it to work at home. My monitor has to drop to hte lowest resolution to match my tv. I figured you wanted to extend your desktop. Perhaps someone else would know the answer.