R/S time glitch/trainer re-battling?

Well, I think my Ruby cartridge has finally had the time glitch set in as I
can no longer get berries from the give-you-a-berry-everyday people. But, I
can still get trainers asking me for re-battles. Why does that still work
if the other time-related events don't, or are the trainer re-battles just
based on number of steps you take or moving between routes? Also, if I
remember right when Flame Red/Leaf Green come out there's supposed to be a
patch in that to fix the time glitch, right?

-- Pokemon Trainer Mike. Dominik Hasek is the best goalie that ever played
the game of hockey.

Member of the Bomb Ball Bashers Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application pending (hopefully)

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

My PBS Record (RBY):

5-4-7

My PBS Record (G/S):

0-0-0

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...

150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...

249 Pokemon in my Silver version...

249 Pokemon in my Gold version...

249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
6 answers Last reply
More about time glitch trainer battling

    Hmm. Apparently when my dad redid Outlook Express he didn't set up my
    identity so my normal name shows up, so pay no attention to the "Bryant E.
    Russell" name on the post for the moment. :P

    --
    -- Pokemon Trainer Mike. Dominik Hasek is the best goalie that ever played
    the game of hockey.

    Member of the Bomb Ball Bashers Junior Strike Force
    Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
    Full BBB Member Application pending (hopefully)

    Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
    http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
    Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
    (http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

    I have:

    1 I Love Mango's Point
    5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
    5 Binary Poster Points
    10 Jax Points
    15 Y2Tech Points
    20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
    25 WAM Points
    85 BBB Points
    10000 Pikachuumon Points

    My PBS Record (RBY):

    5-4-7

    My PBS Record (G/S):

    0-0-0

    150 Pokemon in my Blue version...

    150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...

    249 Pokemon in my Silver version...

    249 Pokemon in my Gold version...

    249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...

    > Well, I think my Ruby cartridge has finally had the time glitch set in as
    > can no longer get berries from the give-you-a-berry-everyday people. But,
    > can still get trainers asking me for re-battles. Why does that still work
    > if the other time-related events don't, or are the trainer re-battles just
    > based on number of steps you take or moving between routes? Also, if I
    > remember right when Flame Red/Leaf Green come out there's supposed to be a
    > patch in that to fix the time glitch, right?

    I don't know about the FR/LG bug fix but I do know that Pokémon Box and
    Pokémon channel have the bug fix if you link up to your gamecube. You can
    also send your cartridge back to Nintendo for a free update as well.

    Lord Deckard

    Bryant E. Russell <berussell@compuserve.comTHEOBVIOUS> wrote:
    > Well, I think my Ruby cartridge has finally had the time glitch set
    > in as I can no longer get berries from the give-you-a-berry-everyday
    > people. But, I can still get trainers asking me for re-battles. Why
    > does that still work if the other time-related events don't, or are
    > the trainer re-battles just based on number of steps you take or
    > moving between routes? Also, if I remember right when Flame Red/Leaf
    > Green come out there's supposed to be a patch in that to fix the time
    > glitch, right?

    - Trading between RuSa and FrLg fixes time glitch

    - In-store demo disc fixes time glitch, and dispenses shiny Zigzagoons

    - US Coli bonus disc/current gen of Pokemon GC discs fixes glitch (Coli
    bonus dispenses Jirachi)

    - Mailing to Nintendo will patch the time glitch

    Correct, Trainers Eyes, like egg hatching, is based on steps, not time. This
    bug affects all time-related aspects, including (but not limited to)
    berries, tides, and day/night appearances.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    "DeepThought" <deep_42_thought@hotmailEARTH.com> wrote in message
    > Bryant E. Russell <berussell@compuserve.comTHEOBVIOUS> wrote:
    > > Well, I think my Ruby cartridge has finally had the time glitch set
    > > in as I can no longer get berries from the give-you-a-berry-everyday
    > > people. But, I can still get trainers asking me for re-battles. Why
    > > does that still work if the other time-related events don't, or are
    > > the trainer re-battles just based on number of steps you take or
    > > moving between routes? Also, if I remember right when Flame Red/Leaf
    > > Green come out there's supposed to be a patch in that to fix the time
    > > glitch, right?
    >
    > - Trading between RuSa and FrLg fixes time glitch
    >
    > - In-store demo disc fixes time glitch, and dispenses shiny Zigzagoons
    >
    > - US Coli bonus disc/current gen of Pokemon GC discs fixes glitch (Coli
    > bonus dispenses Jirachi)
    >
    > - Mailing to Nintendo will patch the time glitch
    >
    > Correct, Trainers Eyes, like egg hatching, is based on steps, not time.
    This
    > bug affects all time-related aspects, including (but not limited to)
    > berries, tides, and day/night appearances.

    OK, thanks for the responses. And actually I fixed the name issue shortly
    after I posted for the second time but I didn't want to have two responses
    to my own message. ;)

    --

    "Lord Deckard" <deckard(nospam)1998@(dontspamme)hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:41016086$0$6445$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

    > I don't know about the FR/LG bug fix but I do know that Pokémon Box and
    > Pokémon channel have the bug fix if you link up to your gamecube. You can
    > also send your cartridge back to Nintendo for a free update as well.

    I have read here that sending your cartridge to Nintendo will erase your
    game. I wouldn't like for this to happen.

    daramark

    "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > "Lord Deckard" <deckard(nospam)1998@(dontspamme)hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:41016086$0$6445$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
    >
    > > I don't know about the FR/LG bug fix but I do know that Pokémon Box and
    > > Pokémon channel have the bug fix if you link up to your gamecube. You
    can
    > > also send your cartridge back to Nintendo for a free update as well.
    >

    > I have read here that sending your cartridge to Nintendo will erase your
    > game. I wouldn't like for this to happen.
    >
    > daramark

    Hmm, well either way I think I can be patient enough to wait for FR/LG,
    especially since all I'm really doing now in Ruby is just slowly leveling
    up. Thanks for all the tips. ;)

    --
[...]

Video Games