Logon Loop

Has anyone ever come across a Windows 2000 box that won't let you log on by
going back to the CTRL-ALT-DEL window? Not even in safe mode or trying to
log on locally to the workstation as administrator. This one's got me
stumped and I can't find any info on the web.

Any ideas, anyone?

RK.

Bad NIC driver, maybe? (shot in the dark, but I vaguely remember hearing
something like this before).
Can you connect to the event logs on that computer from another machine
w/domain admin login?

Rick Kalifa wrote:
> Has anyone ever come across a Windows 2000 box that won't let you log
> on by going back to the CTRL-ALT-DEL window? Not even in safe mode or
> trying to log on locally to the workstation as administrator. This
> one's got me stumped and I can't find any info on the web.

Maybe this one will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=249321

--
Joerg