How to enable Remote Procedure Call by command line?

Hi,

I accidently disabled the Remote Procedure Call service
through the Services Management Console. This caused big
problems:
- Could not open the property of Remote Procedure Call
service! so I can't enable it through Services Management
Console!!
- Clicking on hyper links on MS Internet Explorer doesn't
bring to the linked page;
- Could not paste a file in Windows Explorer.

Anybody knows how to enable Remote Procedure Call by
command line? Thank you in advance.

Weiping
1 answer Last reply
More about enable remote procedure call command line

    Weiping Chen wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I accidently disabled the Remote Procedure Call service
    > through the Services Management Console. This caused big
    > problems:
    > - Could not open the property of Remote Procedure Call
    > service! so I can't enable it through Services Management
    > Console!!
    > - Clicking on hyper links on MS Internet Explorer doesn't
    > bring to the linked page;
    > - Could not paste a file in Windows Explorer.
    >
    > Anybody knows how to enable Remote Procedure Call by
    > command line? Thank you in advance.

    Use regedit to set

    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs
    Start=0x2

    and reboot.

    --
    Joerg

Consoles Management Command Line Windows