How to enable Remote Procedure Call by command line?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 24, 2004 4:16:27 PM

Hi,

I accidently disabled the Remote Procedure Call service
through the Services Management Console. This caused big
problems:
- Could not open the property of Remote Procedure Call
service! so I can't enable it through Services Management
Console!!
- Clicking on hyper links on MS Internet Explorer doesn't
bring to the linked page;
- Could not paste a file in Windows Explorer.

Anybody knows how to enable Remote Procedure Call by
command line? Thank you in advance.

Weiping
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 1:49:16 AM

Weiping Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I accidently disabled the Remote Procedure Call service
> through the Services Management Console. This caused big
> problems:
> - Could not open the property of Remote Procedure Call
> service! so I can't enable it through Services Management
> Console!!
> - Clicking on hyper links on MS Internet Explorer doesn't
> bring to the linked page;
> - Could not paste a file in Windows Explorer.
>
> Anybody knows how to enable Remote Procedure Call by
> command line? Thank you in advance.

Use regedit to set

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs
Start=0x2

and reboot.

--
Joerg