  • Msconfig
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 26, 2004 8:01:14 AM

Is there a way to select the programs your system starts
with. At the moment I have downloaded a copy of MSconfig
for win2k and use the selective startup. Is this the
correct proceedure for long term removal of unwanted
programs in your system tray? thanks.

More about : system tray management

April 27, 2004 6:22:11 AM

Some apps that pop themselves into the sys tray have an option to stop this,
others dont
You can if you wish edit the registry - MSconfig is simpler/safer?

"Brett West" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to select the programs your system starts
> with. At the moment I have downloaded a copy of MSconfig
> for win2k and use the selective startup. Is this the
> correct proceedure for long term removal of unwanted
> programs in your system tray? thanks.
June 6, 2004 5:11:02 AM

Where in the registry can I edit to hide icons in the system tray?

!