how to set up intranet mail on window 2000 advanced server

Hello.
Please help me to set up intranet mail on window 2000
advanced server for my small workgroup.
I have had my IIS running already on my localhost and I
want to send mail through the localhost too.

Please give me an instruction how to set up intranet mail
on window 2000 advanced server.

Many Thanks.

Hi,

You can setup Intranet mail in Windows 2000 server by using the SMTP in
conjunction with IIS. SMTP is a commonly used protocol for sending e-mail
messages between servers.

For further information, access the articles given below:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/howto/admhow.mspx#XSLTsection12
9121120120

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303701&sd=tech

or

This step-by-step guide describes how to configure incoming and outgoing
connections for an Internet Information Services (IIS) SMTP server.

Requirements

Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, or Windows 2000 Advanced
Server
IIS 5.0 with SMTP services installed

Configure Incoming and Outgoing Connections for an SMTP Server

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Internet Services Manager.
In the Internet Information Services console tree (left pane), click the
server that contains the SMTP virtual server that you want to configure,
and then expand the server node by clicking the plus sign (+) next to the
server name.
Right-click the SMTP virtual server that you want to configure, and then
click Properties.
On the General tab, click Connection to open the Connections dialog box.
In the SMTP Virtual Server property sheet, under Incoming, click the Limit
Connections to: check box to enable this setting (the default is no limit),
and then set the following options:

In the Limit connections to: text box, type the maximum number of incoming
connections allowed by the SMTP server. The default is 1,000 connections.
The minimum is 1.

In the Time-out: text box, type the maximum number of minutes that an
incoming connection can remain inactive before the server closes the
connection.
In the SMTP Virtual Server property sheet, under Outgoing, click the Limit
connections to: check box to enable this setting (the default is no limit),
and then set the following options:

In the Limit connections to: text box, type the maximum number of outbound
connections allowed to all remote domains. The default setting is 1,000
connections and the minimum is 1.

In the Time-out: text box, type the maximum number of minutes that an
outgoing connection can remain inactive before the server closes the
connection.
In the SMTP Virtual Server property sheet, under Outgoing, select Limit
connections per domain to: to enable this setting (the default is no
limit). In the text box provided, type the number of concurrent outgoing
connections that each domain is allowed to have.
In the TCP Port: text box, type the port to be used by the SMTP server for
outgoing connections.
You have now configured the incoming and outgoing connections for your SMTP
server.

Vijay S